Employment support services and migrant integration in the UK labour market
AbstractAim of this paper is to review the existing evidence on the support structures available to migrants and refugees in the UK labour market. It follows another expert report providing a comprehensive description of the legislation regulating the access to the labour market and entitlement to public services for the different categories of migrants in the UK. Far from being an attempt to assess the success and failures of the existing framework, the paper will try to provide a critical overview of the evidence available from policy documents, commissioned evaluations, databases for monitoring users' access and academic publications. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI) in its series HWWI Policy Papers with number 3-7.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian Dustmann & Francesca Fabbri, 2005.
"Immigrants in the British labour market,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 26(4), pages 423-470, December.
- Joanne Lindley, 2005. "Explaining ethnic unemployment and activity rates: evidence from the QLFS in the 1990s and 2000s," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(2), pages 185-203, 04.
- Dustmann, C. & Fabbri, F. & Preston, I. & Wadsworth, J., 2003.
"Labour market performance of immigrants in the UK labour market,"
Open Access publications from University College London
http://discovery.ucl.ac.u, University College London.
- Dustmann, C. & Fabbri, F. & Preston, I. & Wadsworth, J., 2003. "Labour market performance of immigrants in the UK labour market," Open Access publications from University College London http://discovery.ucl.ac.u, University College London.
- Elitok, Secil Pacaci, 2010. "Estimating the potential migration from Turkey to the European Union: A literature survey," HWWI Policy Papers 3-11, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.