The Morishima Elasticity of Substitution for the Profit Function
AbstractIn this note we derive expressions for the Morishima elasticity of substitution for a multiple input and outputs profit function. These expressions may have important applications to empirical studies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Microeconomics with number 9502002.
Length: 9 pages
Date of creation: 08 Feb 1995
Date of revision: 17 Feb 1995
Note: 9 pages; FTP submission of an uncompressed, binary WordPerfect 5.1 document, prepared on a PC with an installed LaserJet III; this submission should better document a weak week-earlier submission..., with apologies.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blackorby, Charles & Russell, R Robert, 1989. "Will the Real Elasticity of Substitution Please Stand Up? (A Comparison of the Allen/Uzawa and Morishima Elasticities)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 882-88, September.
- Kohli, Ulrich, 1993. "A Symmetric Normalized Quadratic GNP Function and the U.S. Demand for Imports and Supply of Exports," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(1), pages 243-55, February.
- Blackorby, Charles & Primont, Daniel & Russell, R. Robert, 2007.
"The Morishima Gross Elasticity of Substitution,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
787, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Sharma, Subhash C. & Kandil, Magda & Chaisrisawatsuk, Santi, 2005. "Currency substitution in Asian countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 489-532, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.