Maquiladora Employment Dynamics in Chihuahua City, Mexico
AbstractGreater economic integration between developing and higher income economies has caused increased 'north-south' business cycle linkages. This study applies a linear transfer function ARIMA approach to analyze regional maquiladora payroll dynamics in a non-border region of Mexico. Statistically significant responses occur as functions of variations in the exchange rate, real wages, foreign investment, and United States industrial activity. Simulation testing is also conducted as another means of empirical model verification.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Development and Comp Systems with number 0412018.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 29 Dec 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - wpd; pages: 17
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Maquiladoras; International Business Cycle Transmission; Applied Econometrics;
Other versions of this item:
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Luis Bernardo Torres Ruiz, 2005. "Maquiladora Employment Dynamics in Chihuahua City, Mexico," Development and Comp Systems 0501006, EconWPA.
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-01-16 (Development)
- NEP-GEO-2005-01-16 (Economic Geography)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ashley, Richard, 1988. "On the relative worth of recent macroeconomic forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 363-376.
- Thomas M. Fullerton, Jr. & Juan Carlos Vázquez Morales & Martha Patricia Barraza de Anda, 2011.
"Dinamica de corto plazo del empleo en las maquiladoras de Reynosa, Tamaulipas,"
Ensayos Revista de Economia,
Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(1), pages 23-40, May.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Vazquez Morales, Juan Carlos & Barraza de Anda, Martha P., 2010.
"Dinámica de corto plazo del empleo en las maquiladoras de Reynosa, Tamaulipas
[Short-run dynamics of payrolls in the maquiladora sector of Reynosa, Tamaulipas (Mexico)]," MPRA Paper 34925, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Feb 2011.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Vazquez Morales, Juan Carlos & Barraza de Anda, Martha P., 2010. "Dinámica de corto plazo del empleo en las maquiladoras de Reynosa, Tamaulipas
- Thomas M. Fullerton Jr. & George Novela, 2010. "Metropolitan Maquiladora Econometric Forecast Accuracy," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 124-140, September.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Barraza de Anda, Martha & Tinajero, Roberto, 2006.
"Analisis Retrospectivo de la Industria Maquiladora de Exportacion en Mexico
[Retrospective Analysis of the Maquiladora Export Industry in Mexico]," MPRA Paper 14666, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.