Turkish treasury simulation model for debt strategy analysis
AbstractGovernments raise funds to meet their financing needs using a range of fixed income securities and loans with different maturities, interest rates, and exchange rate structures. Public debt managers need to consider various policy objectives when deciding on the structure of the public liability portfolio. This paper describes a simulation model developed at the Turkish Treasury to assist the decision-making process in debt strategy formulation. The model is used to analyze the medium and long-term consequences of alternative debt management strategies in terms of cost and risk characteristics, and provides key inputs to decision making.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series Policy Research Working Paper Series with number 6091.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 2012
Date of revision:
Debt Markets; Emerging Markets; Economic Theory&Research; External Debt; Banks&Banking Reform;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2012-06-25 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CMP-2012-06-25 (Computational Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diebold, Francis X. & Li, Canlin, 2003.
"Forecasting the term structure of government bond yields,"
CFS Working Paper Series
2004/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Diebold, Francis X. & Li, Canlin, 2006. "Forecasting the term structure of government bond yields," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 337-364, February.
- Francis X. Diebold & Canlin Li, 2002. "Forecasting the Term Structure of Government Bond Yields," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania 02-34, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Francis X. Diebold & Canlin Li, 2003. "Forecasting the Term Structure of Government Bond Yields," NBER Working Papers 10048, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.