Growth of ICT and ICT for Development: Realities of the Myths of the Indian Experience
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper DP2002/78.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
ICT; growth; development; India; software exports;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fardmanesh, Mohsen, 1991. "Dutch disease economics and oil syndrome: An empirical study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 711-717, June.
- Schware, Robert, 1987. "Software industry development in the third world: Policy guidelines, institutional options, and constraints," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(10-11), pages 1249-1267.
- Nyoni, Timothy S., 1998. "Foreign Aid and Economic Performance in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1235-1240, July.
- Neary, J Peter, 1978. "Short-Run Capital Specificity and the Pure Theory of International Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(351), pages 488-510, September.
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-48, December.
- Pohjola, M., 2000. "Information Technology and Economic Growth. A Cross-Country Analysis," Research Paper 173, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Usui, Norio, 1996. "Policy adjustments to the oil boom and their evaluation: The Dutch disease in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 887-900, May.
- Corden, W M, 1984. "Booming Sector and Dutch Disease Economics: Survey and Consolidation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 359-80, November.
- Pohjola, M., 1998. "Information Technology and Economic Development: An Introduction to the Research Issues," Research Paper 153, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Hargittai, Eszter, 1999. "Weaving the Western Web: explaining differences in Internet connectivity among OECD countries," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(10-11), pages 701-718, November.
- Ashish Arora & Jai Asundi, 1999. "Quality Certification and the Economics of Contract Software Development A Study of the Indian Software Industry," NBER Working Papers 7260, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kamas, Linda, 1986. "Dutch disease economics and the Colombian export boom," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 1177-1198, September.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1984. "Inflation, Employment, and the Dutch Disease in Oil-Exporting Countries: A Short-Run Disequilibrium Analysis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 99(2), pages 233-50, May.
- Schware, Robert, 1992. "Software industry entry strategies for developing countries: A "walking on two legs" proposition," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 143-164, February.
- Arora, Ashish & Arunachalam, V. S. & Asundi, Jai & Fernandes, Ronald, 2001. "The Indian software services industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1267-1287, October.
- Indjikian, Rouben & Siegel, Donald S., 2005.
"The Impact of Investment in IT on Economic Performance: Implications for Developing Countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 681-700, May.
- Rouben Indjikain & Donald S. Siegel, 2004. "The Impact of Investment in IT on Economic Performance: Implications for Developing Countries," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0414, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Vinoj Abraham & K.J. Joseph, 2008.
"Information Technology and Productivity: Evidence From India's Manufacturing Sector,"
- K.J Joseph & Vinoj Abraham, 2007. "Information technology and productivity: Evidence from India's manufacturing sector," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 389, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- K.J. Joseph & Govinda Parayil, 2006.
"Trade liberalization and digital divide: An Analysis of the information technology agreement of WTO,"
Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers
381, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Govindan Parayil & K.J. Joseph, 2006. "Trade Liberalisation and Digital Divide: an Analysis of the Information Technology Agreement of WTO," Working Papers id:583, eSocialSciences.
- Christine Zhen-Wei Qiang & Alexander Pitt & Seth Ayers, 2004. "Contribution of Information and Communication Technologies to Growth," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15059, July.
- Heshmati, Almas & Yang, Wanshan, 2006. "Contribution of ICT to the Chinese Economic Growth," Ratio Working Papers 91, The Ratio Institute.
- World Bank, 2007. "Rwanda : Toward Sustained Growth and Competitiveness, Volume 2. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7702, The World Bank.
- R. Venkatesan & Wilima Wadhwa & M.R. Saluja & Rupa Malik & Bibek Ray Chaudhuri & Kanika Kalra & Sujit Basu & R. Chandrashekhar & S. P. Singh & Vineeta Dixit, 2007. "India : E-Readiness Assessment Report 2005," Development Economics Working Papers 22178, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Chandra, Vandana & Li, Ying & Osorio Rodarte, Israel, 2007. "Commodity Export Diversification in Rwanda - Many Export Discoveries with Little Scaling-Up," MPRA Paper 18556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.