L'impatto economico e sociale dell'Universita' del Piemonte Orientale Amedeo Avogadro
AbstractThis paper measures the short term economic impact of the University of Piemonte Orientale (Italy) on the geographic area which defines its demographic recruitment basin. The 3 poles University has a significant impact on current flows (income, consumption, investments, employment ) even if the main effect is the strong increase in human capital accumulation in the area, a phenomenon whose implications reach the medium long term horizon. The overall , direct and indirect economic impact is about 150-300 millions, on local income and about 2000-4000 units on local employment, according to different (low and high) multiplier.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS in its series POLIS Working Papers with number 123.
Length: 212 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://polis.unipmn.it
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-04-25 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tom Hertz & Tamara Jayasundera & Patrizio Piraino & Sibel Selcuk & Nicole Smith & Alina Verashchagina, 2007.
"The Inheritance of Educational Inequality: International Comparisons and Fifty-Year Trends,"
2007-013, American University, Department of Economics.
- Hertz Tom & Jayasundera Tamara & Piraino Patrizio & Selcuk Sibel & Smith Nicole & Verashchagina Alina, 2008. "The Inheritance of Educational Inequality: International Comparisons and Fifty-Year Trends," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-48, January.
- Patrizio Piraino, 2006.
"Comparable Estimates of Intergenerational Income Mobility in Italy,"
Department of Economics University of Siena
471, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Piraino Patrizio, 2007. "Comparable Estimates of Intergenerational Income Mobility in Italy," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-27, October.
- Marchese, Carla & Ramello, Giovanni B., 2010.
"In the beginning was the Word. Now is the Copyright,"
POLIS Working Papers
140, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Marchese Carla & Ramello Giovanni B., 2011. "In the Beginning Was the Word. Now is the Copyright," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 271-289, October.
- Giuranno, Michele, 2009. "The logic of party coalitions with political activism and public financing," POLIS Working Papers 134, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Bondonio, Daniele, 2009. "Impact identification strategies for evaluating business incentive programs," POLIS Working Papers 129, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Orso, Cristina Elisa, 2009. "Formal and informal sectors: Interactions between moneylenders and traditional banks in the rural Indian credit market," POLIS Working Papers 135, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucia Padovani).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.