Mevsimlik Urunler ve Fiyat Oynakligi : Guclu Mevsimsellik ve Ongorulemeyen Oynaklik
Abstract[TR] Fiyat endeksleri kapsaminda yilin sadece belirli donemlerinde temin edilebilen urunler guclu mevsimsellik gosteren urunler olarak adlandirilmaktadir. Bu notta, cesitli urun gruplarinin yillik TUFE enflasyonuna yaptigi katkilar incelenerek guclu mevsimselligin ongorulemez fiyat oynakligi olusturmasinin sektorel yapiyla yakindan iliskili oldugu saptanmistir. Ayrica taze meyve ve sebze fiyatlarindaki guclu mevsimsellikten kaynaklanan TUFE oynakliginin, diger urun gruplarindan farkli olarak, aylik bazda da cok yuksek bir belirsizlik icerdigi gosterilmistir. Bu farkliligin enflasyon olcumunde yontemsel olarak dikkate alinmayisinin yasam maliyetinin olcumune ve enflasyon hedeflemesi cercevesinde para politikasina etkileri tartisilmistir. [EN] Strong seasonality is a special case of seasonality which is characterized by the unavailability of products in every period of the year in the market. In this note, contributions to annual CPI inflation of selected product groups are analyzed. Results suggest that strong seasonality driven unpredictable volatility is closely linked to the structure of the sectors. Moreover, strong seasonality induced CPI volatility from fresh fruits and vegetables are shown to exhibit great uncertainty in monthly terms as well, compared to other product groups. Effects of ignoring this condition in CPI calculation on the cost of living measurement and the monetary policy under inflation targeting framework are discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey in its series CBT Research Notes in Economics with number 1216.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fethi Ogunc, 2010. "Turkiye'de Islenmemis Gida Enflasyonunda Oynaklik : Durum Tespiti," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1005, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Augusto Marc Rocha Reis & Justin Wolfers, 2004.
"Disagreement about Inflation Expectations,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm391, Yale School of Management.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Reis, Ricardo & Wolfers, Justin, 2003. "Disagreement about Inflation Expectations," Research Papers 1807, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Reis & Justin Wolfers, 2003. "Disagreement about Inflation Expectations," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2011, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Reis & Justin Wolfers, 2003. "Disagreement about Inflation Expectations," NBER Working Papers 9796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yusuf Soner Baskaya & Tugrul Gurgur & Fethi Ogunc, 2008. "Kuresel Isinma, Kuresellesme ve Gida Krizi - Turkiye'de Islenmis Gida Fiyatlari Uzerine Ampirik Bir Calisma," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 8(2), pages 1-32.
- Oguz Atuk & Orhun Sevinc, 2010. "TUFE'de Sabit ve Degisken Agirlik Sistemi Yaklasimlari: Turkiye Taze Meyve-Sebze Fiyatlari Uzerine Bir Uygulama," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1015, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- M. Utku Ozmen & Orhun Sevinc, 2011. "Price Rigidity In Turkey : Evidence From Micro Data," Working Papers 1125, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Oguz Atuk & M. Utku Ozmen & Orhun Sevinc, 2013. "Mevsimlik Urunler ve Fiyat Oynakligi : Mevsimlik Urunlerin Fiyat Endeksine Dahil Edilmesi," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1317, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Soner Baskaya).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.