Measuring the Balance of Intra-Regional Trade
AbstractWe introduce an original method of measuring the extent of the overall balance of migration among countries within a region which allows comparisons of the balance over time as well as between regions and various possible sub-regions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2004005.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2004
Date of revision: Jun 2004
Migration Balance; Perron-Frobenius Root;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klaus F. Zimmermann, 1995. "Tackling the European Migration Problems," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 45-62, Spring.
- Tapan Biswas & Jolian McHardy, 2001. "On the intensity and balance of intra-European migration," International Economic Journal, Korean International Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 505-520.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Cuberes).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.