Equilibrium in the Labour Market with Search Frictions
AbstractChristopher A. Pissarides delivered his Prize Lecture on 8 December 2010 at Aula Magna, Stockholm University.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Nobel Prize Committee in its series Nobel Prize in Economics documents with number 2010-9.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 08 Dec 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.nobelprize.org
Other versions of this item:
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2011. "Equilibrium in the Labor Market with Search Frictions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1092-1105, June.
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2011-11-14 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-LAB-2011-11-14 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-11-14 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hagedorn, Marcus & Manovskii, Iourii, 2008.
"The cyclical behavior of equilibrium unemployment and vacancies revisited,"
Working Paper Series
0853, European Central Bank.
- Marcus Hagedorn & Iourii Manovskii, 2008. "The Cyclical Behavior of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies Revisited," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1692-1706, September.
- Marcus Hagedorn & Iourii Manovskii, 2005. "The Cyclical Behavior of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies Revisited," 2005 Meeting Papers 460, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Marcus Hagedorn & Iourii Manovskii, 2007. "The Cyclical Behavior of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies Revisited," IEW - Working Papers 351, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Christian Haefke & Marcus Sonntag & Thijs van Rens, 2012.
"Wage Rigidity and Job Creation,"
629, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Christian Haefke & Marcus Sonntag & Thijs van Rens, 2006. "Wage Rigidity and Job Creation," 2006 Meeting Papers 773, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Haefke, Christian & Sonntag, Marcus & van Rens, Thijs, 2008. "Wage Rigidity and Job Creation," IZA Discussion Papers 3714, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Haefke & Marcus Sonntag & Thijs van Rens, 2007. "Wage rigidity and job creation," Economics Working Papers 1047, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2012.
- Christian Haefke & Marcus Sonntag & Thijs van Rens, 2009. "Wage Rigidity and Job Creation," Kiel Working Papers 1504, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Haefke, Christian & Sonntag, Marcus & van Rens, Thijs, 2012. "Wage Rigidity and Job Creation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8968, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shigeru Fujita & Garey Ramey, 2009.
"The Cyclicality Of Separation And Job Finding Rates,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(2), pages 415-430, 05.
- Shigeru Fujita & Garey Ramey, 2007. "The cyclicality of separation and job finding rates," Working Papers 07-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Abraham, Katharine G. & Katz, Lawrence F., 1986.
"Cyclical Unemployment: Sectoral Shifts or Aggregate Disturbances?,"
3442781, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Abraham, Katharine G & Katz, Lawrence F, 1986. "Cyclical Unemployment: Sectoral Shifts or Aggregate Disturbances?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 507-22, June.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Lawrence F. Katz, 1987. "Cyclical Unemployment: Sectoral Shifts or Aggregate Disturbances?," NBER Working Papers 1410, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ken Binmore & Ariel Rubinstein & Asher Wolinsky, 1986. "The Nash Bargaining Solution in Economic Modelling," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(2), pages 176-188, Summer.
- AOYAMA Hideaki & IYETOMI Hiroshi & YOSHIKAWA Hiroshi, 2012. "Equilibrium Distribution of Labor Productivity," Discussion papers 12041, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2013. "Unemployment in the Great Recession," CEP Discussion Papers dp1210, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Francesco Furlanetto & Nicolas Groshenny, 2012.
"Matching efficiency and business cycle fluctuations,"
2012/07, Norges Bank.
- Francesco Furlanetto & Nicolas Groshenny, 2012. "Matching efficiency and business cycle fluctuations," CAMA Working Papers 2012-34, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Francesco Furlanett & Nicolas Groshenny, 2012. "Matching efficiency and business cycle fluctuations," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2012/06, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Horstschräer, Julia, 2012. "Decentralizing university admission: Evidence from a natural experiment," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-076, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Backman, Mikaela, 2013. "Regional Variation of Returns to Education," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 300, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Hideaki Aoyama & Hiroshi Iyetomi & Hiroshi Yoshikawa, 2012. "Equilibrium Distribution of Labor Productivity: A Theoretical Model," Papers 1205.2470, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.