Report NEP-MAC-2011-11-14This is the archive for NEP-MAC, a report on new working papers in the area of Macroeconomics. Soumitra K Mallick issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Guangling (Dave) Liu & Nkhahle Seeiso, 2011. "Business Cycle and Bank Capital Regulation: Basel II Procyclicality," Working Papers 18/2011, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Viktors Ajevskis & Kristine Vitola, 2011. "Housing and Banking in a Small Open Economy DSGE Model," Working Papers 2011/03, Latvijas Banka.
- Tatom, John, 2011. "Monetary policy in disarray," MPRA Paper 34607, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Julien Albertini & Günes Kamber & Michael Kirker, 2011. "An estimated small open economy model with frictional unemployment," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2011/04, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Fernández-Villaverde, Jesús & Guerron-Quintana, Pablo A. & Rubio-Ramírez, Juan Francisco, 2011. "Supply-Side Policies and the Zero Lower Bound," CEPR Discussion Papers 8642, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wang, Gaowang & Zou, Heng-fu, 2011. "Mercantilism, Foreign Asset Accumulation and Macroeconomic Policy," MPRA Paper 34519, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Obstbaum, Meri, 2011. "The role of labour markets in fiscal policy transmission," Research Discussion Papers 16/2011, Bank of Finland.
- Sparber, Chad, 2011. "Unemployment, Skills, and the Business Cycle Since 2000," Working Papers 2011-04, Department of Economics, Colgate University.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Jennifer La'O, 2011. "Optimal Monetary Policy with Informational Frictions," NBER Working Papers 17525, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tatom, John, 2011. "Inflation and asset prices," MPRA Paper 34606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dai, Meixing, 2011.
"Les « hélicoptères » des banques centrales
[The central banks' helicopters]," MPRA Paper 34526, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Nov 2011.
- Ongena, S. & Peydro, J.L., 2011. "Loose monetary policy and excessive credit and liquidity risk-taking by banks," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5046879, Tilburg University.
- Ana Gomez Loscos & M. Dolores Gadea & Antonio MontaÃ±es, 2011. "Cycles inside cycles: Spanish regional aggregation," ERSA conference papers ersa11p99, European Regional Science Association.
- Michael Owyang & Jeremy Piger & Howard Wall, 2011. "Discordant City Employment Cycles," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1525, European Regional Science Association.
- Paloviita, Maritta & Kinnunen, Helvi, 2011. "Real time analysis of euro area fiscal policies: adjustment to the crisis," Research Discussion Papers 21/2011, Bank of Finland.
- Marco Battaglini & Stephen Coate, 2011. "Fiscal Policy and Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 17562, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mary C. Daly & Bart Hobijn & Theodore S. Wiles, 2011. "Aggregate Real Wages: Macro Fluctuations and Micro Drivers," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-158/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Fernando E. Alvarez & Francesco Lippi, 2011. "Persistent Liquidity Effects and Long Run Money Demand," NBER Working Papers 17566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Humberto Spolador & Geraldo Barros & Mirian Bacchi, 2011. "The Macroeconomics Shocks and the Brazilian Agricultural Price Evolution â€“ A VAR Analysis Approach," ERSA conference papers ersa11p406, European Regional Science Association.
- Luis Ayala & Olga Cantó & Juan G. Rodríguez, 2011. "Poverty and the business cycle: The role of the intra-household distribution of unemployment," Working Papers 222, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Akhabbar, Amanar, 2011.
"Tableaux économiques et analyse des business cycles chez Marschak, Frisch et Leontief
[Tableau Economique and business cycle analysis in the works of Marschak, Frisch and Leontief]," MPRA Paper 34556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tian, Can, 2011. "Technology choice and endogenous productivity dispersion over the business cycles," MPRA Paper 34480, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Nov 2011.
- Monacelli, Tommaso & Perotti, Roberto, 2011. "Redistribution and the Multiplier," CEPR Discussion Papers 8641, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor & Luiz A. Pereira da Silva, 2011. "Macroprudential Regulation and the Monetary Transmission Mechanism," Working Papers Series 254, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Raza, Muhammad Wajid & Mohsin, Hasan M, 2011. "Financial liberalization and macroeconomic performance, empirical evidence from selected Asian countries," MPRA Paper 34559, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Oct 2011.
- Karin Fischer & Rauf Gönenç & Robert W.R. Price, 2011. "Austria: Public Sector Inefficiencies Have Become Less Affordable," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 897, OECD Publishing.
- Olivier Ledoit, 2011. "The redistributive effects of monetary policy," ECON - Working Papers 044, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Junankar, Pramod N. (Raja), 2011. "The Global Economic Crisis: Long-Term Unemployment in the OECD," IZA Discussion Papers 6057, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Katherina Popkova, 2011. "Can the exchange rate regime influence corruption?," Volkswirtschaftliche DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 148-11, Universität Siegen, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsinformatik und Wirtschaftsrecht.
- Arvind Krishnamurthy & Annette Vissing-Jorgensen, 2011. "The Effects of Quantitative Easing on Interest Rates: Channels and Implications for Policy," NBER Working Papers 17555, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zbigniew Mogila & Janusz Zaleski & Joanna KudeÃ…â€ško, 2011. "Leaders and outliers in the race of regions - EU Cohesion Policy in Poland in the light of macroeconomic modelling," ERSA conference papers ersa11p292, European Regional Science Association.
- R. Anton Braun & Tomoyuki Nakajima, 2011. "Why Prices Don't Respond Sooner to a Prospective Sovereign Debt Crisis," KIER Working Papers 796, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Diamond, Peter A., 2010. "Unemployment, Vacancies, Wages," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2010-7, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Roberto Perotti, 2011. "The "Austerity Myth": Gain Without Pain?," NBER Working Papers 17571, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meixing Dai, 2011. "Motivations and strategies for a real revaluation of the Yuan," Working Papers of BETA 2011-23, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Stephen Kinsella, 2011. "Words to the Wise: Stock Flow Consistent Modeling of Financial Instability," Working Papers 201130, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Mortensen, Dale T., 2010. "Markets with Search Frictions and the DMP Model," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2010-8, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Ravi Bansal & Marcelo Ochoa, 2011. "Welfare Costs of Long-Run Temperature Shifts," NBER Working Papers 17574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pissarides, Christopher A., 2010. "Equilibrium in the Labour Market with Search Frictions," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2010-9, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Sengupta, Rajeswari, 2011. "The financial trilemma in China and a comparative analysis with India," MPRA Paper 34485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marta Gómez-Puig & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, 2011. "Causality and contagion in peripheral EMU public debt markets: a dynamic approach," Working Papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 08-11, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
- Carlos Capistrán & Raúl Ibarra-Ramírez & Manuel Ramos Francia, 2011. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through to Prices: Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2011-12, Banco de México.
- Jonathan Chiu & Césaire Meh & Randall Wright, 2011. "Innovation and Growth with Financial, and Other, Frictions," Working Papers 11-25, Bank of Canada.
- Ravi Bansal & Marcelo Ochoa, 2011. "Temperature, Aggregate Risk, and Expected Returns," NBER Working Papers 17575, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jasper de Winter, 2011. "Forecasting GDP growth in times of crisis: private sector forecasts versus statistical models," DNB Working Papers 320, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Michael W.L. Elsby & Bart Hobijn & Aysegul Sahin, 2011. "Unemployment Dynamics in the OECD," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-159/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Arvid Raknerud & Bjørn Helge Vatne & Ketil Rakkestad, 2011. "How do banks’ funding costs affect interest margins?," Working Paper 2011/09, Norges Bank.
- Messina, Julian & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2011. "Wage rigidity and disinflation in emerging countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5863, The World Bank.
- Davide Furceri & Stéphanie Guichard & Elena Rusticelli, 2011. "Episodes of Large Capital Inflows and the Likelihood of Banking and Currency Crises and Sudden Stops," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 865, OECD Publishing.
- Davide Furceri & Stéphanie Guichard & Elena Rusticelli, 2011. "Medium-Term Determinants of International Investment Positions: The Role of Structural Policies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 863, OECD Publishing.