Non-ergodic Behavior in a Financial Market with Interacting Investors
AbstractWe identify possible long-run market shares and the long-run asset price dynamics of financial markets with heterogenous interacting agents. This involves stability conditions for a class of difference equation in a random environment, where the random environment is endogenously generated by agents' investment behavior. Depending on the evaluation of a performance measure of an investment, asset prices may behave in a non-ergodic manner. That is, the price processes converge in distribution, but the limiting distribution is not necessarily uniquely determined. The long-run market shares of two competing financial mediators may strongly depend on the random environment which is endogenously generated by a noise traders
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Economic Dynamics in its series 2006 Meeting Papers with number 229.
Date of creation: 03 Dec 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Christian Zimmermann Economic Research Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis PO Box 442 St. Louis MO 63166-0442 USA
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htm
More information through EDIRC
financial markets; interaction; random difference equations; stochastic approximation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.