Adaptive Learning with Nonlinear Dynamics Driven by Dependent Processes
AbstractThe authors provide a convergence theory for adaptive learning algorithms useful for the study of learning by economic agents. Their results extend the framework of L. Ljung previously utilized by A. Marcet-T. J. Sargent and M. Woodford by permitting nonlinear laws of motion driven by stochastic processes that may exhibit moderate dependence, such as mixing and mixingale processes. The authors draw on previous work by H. J. Kushner and D. S. Clark to provide readily verifiable and/or interpretable conditions ensuring algorithm convergence, chosen for their suitability in the context of adaptive learning. Copyright 1994 by The Econometric Society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 62 (1994)
Issue (Month): 5 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gregoir, Stephane & Weill, Pierre-Olivier, 2007. "Restricted perception equilibria and rational expectation equilibrium," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 81-109, January.
- Peter Woehrmann & Willi Semmler & Martin Lettau, . "Nonparametric Estimation of the Time-varying Sharpe Ratio in Dynamic Asset Pricing Models," IEW - Working Papers 225, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Atanas Christev, 2006.
Computing in Economics and Finance 2006
475, Society for Computational Economics.
- Atanas Christev, 2007. "Learning Hyperinflations," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006 126, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Evans, George W. & Honkapohja, Seppo, 1998. "Convergence of learning algorithms without a projection facility," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 59-86, August.
- Myles Callan & Eric Ghysels & Norman R. Swanson, 1998.
"Monetary Policy Rules with Model and Data Uncertainty,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Eric Ghysels & Norman R. Swanson & Myles Callan, 2002. "Monetary Policy Rules with Model and Data Uncertainty," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 239-265, October.
- Massimo Guidolin & Allan Timmerman, 2005.
"Properties of equilibrium asset prices under alternative learning schemes,"
2005-009, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Guidolin, Massimo & Timmermann, Allan, 2007. "Properties of equilibrium asset prices under alternative learning schemes," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 161-217, January.
- Flam, Sjur Didrik, 1996. "Approaches to economic equilibrium," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(9-10), pages 1505-1522.
- Chen, Xiaohong & White, Halbert, 1998. "Nonparametric Adaptive Learning with Feedback," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 190-222, September.
- Pastorello, Sergio & Patilea, Valentin & Renault, Eric, 2003.
"Iterative and Recursive Estimation in Structural Nonadaptive Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 21(4), pages 449-82, October.
- Sergio Pastorello & Valentin Patilea & Éric Renault, 2003. "Iterative and Recursive Estimation in Structural Non-Adaptive Models," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-08, CIRANO.
- Barucci, Emilio & Landi, Leonardo, 1996. "Speculative dynamics with bounded rationality learning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 284-300, June.
- Timothy Kam, 2004. "Two-sided Learning and Optimal Monetary Policy in an Open Economy Model," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 04-07, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Beggs, A.W., 2005.
"On the convergence of reinforcement learning,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 1-36, May.
- Heinemann, Maik & Lange, Carsten, 1997. "Modellierung von Preiserwartungen durch neuronale Netze," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-203, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Evans, G.W. & Honkapohja, S., 1998.
"Stochastic Gradient Learning in the Cobweb Model,"
University of Helsinki, Department of Economics
438, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.