Closed-Form Approximation of Timer Option Prices under General Stochastic Volatility Models
AbstractWe develop an asymptotic expansion technique for pricing timer options under general stochastic volatility models around small volatility of variance. Closed-form approximation formulas have been obtained for the Heston model and the 3/2-model. The approximation has an easy-to-understand Black-Scholes-like form and many other attractive properties. Numerical analysis shows that the approximation formulas are very fast and accurate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 47465.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Timer Option; Closed-Form Approximation; Perturbation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Li, Minqiang, 2008. "Closed-Form Approximations for Spread Option Prices and Greeks," MPRA Paper 6994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Minqiang Li & Jieyun Zhou & Shi-Jie Deng, 2010.
"Multi-asset spread option pricing and hedging,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 305-324.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Ling Zhi Liang & Damiaan Lemmens & Jacques Tempere, 2011. "Path integral approach to the pricing of timer options with the Duru-Kleinert time transformation," Papers 1101.3713, arXiv.org.
- Peter Carr & Roger Lee, 2010. "Hedging variance options on continuous semimartingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 179-207, April.
- Avi Bick, 1995. "Quadratic-Variation-Based Dynamic Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(4), pages 722-732, April.
- Leif Andersen & Vladimir Piterbarg, 2007. "Moment explosions in stochastic volatility models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 29-50, January.
- Ahn, Dong-Hyun & Gao, Bin, 1999. "A Parametric Nonlinear Model of Term Structure Dynamics," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(4), pages 721-62.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.