Τοπική Οικονομκή Ανάπτυξη, Ιδιαίτερα Χαρακτηριστικά Πόλεων, Πολιτικές Ανάπτυξης Και Ανταγωνιστικότητα Επιχειρήσεων
[Local economic development, cities' distinctive characteristics, development policies and firms' competitiveness]
AbstractThis paper analyses Local Economic Development and examines the role and the significance of city’s internal environment forces. Furthermore the paper examines the role of enterprises, while the connection between city’s distinctive characteristics and development policies with firm competitiveness is taken place. The main arguments support that except firms’ capabilities, there are also exist several other factors that concern city’s characteristics and that are possible to have an impact on firms’ competitiveness. The paper aims to present and discuss the theoretical framework, in which cities characteristics and also urban development policies are connected with the competitiveness of firms that are located in cities environment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 41609.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Local Economic Development; enterprises; distinctive cities characteristics; development policies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George Petrakos & Yiannis Saratsis, 2000. "articles: Regional inequalities in Greece," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 79(1), pages 57-74.
- Metaxas, Theodore & Kallioras, Dimitris, 2004. "Medium size cities economic development and regional competitiveness: the case of Larissa – Volos dipole in Thessaly region of Greece," MPRA Paper 41122, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2004.
- hUallachain, Breandan O & Satterthwaite, Mark A., 1992. "Sectoral growth patterns at the metropolitan level: An evaluation of economic development incentives," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 25-58, January.
- LaFountain, Courtney, 2005. "Where do firms locate? Testing competing models of agglomeration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 338-366, September.
- Iammarino, Simona & McCann, Philip, 2006.
"The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology and knowledge spillovers,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1018-1036, September.
- Simona Iammarino & Philip McCann, 2006. "The Structure and Evolution of Industrial Clusters: Transactions, Technology and Knowledge Spillovers," SPRU Working Paper Series 138, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.