Maroc éducation et emploi une analyse théorique
[Morocco education and employment a theory]
AbstractIn this paper, we consider a theoritical model helping to provide a new insights into the functioning of moroccan labor market. The model examines the impact of imperfect competition among firms with access to specific technologies on the emergence of the new modern economy.The The emergence of this economy is characterized by the size of the employment of workers accepting wage for the specific training needed as well as the firms incentive to invest in new technologies given the competitive structure of the labor market and the product produced and exported under uncertain demand. Indeed it is assumed that each of these firms try to attract workers who are the best match for them ie the best trained and who bear the full cost of training is required for the job offered. Both the long term equilibrium wage offered and population distribution are determined. The structure of this new economy depends on both individual incentives as well as those established by public authorities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 38465.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Formal sector; Education ; Job matching; wages competition;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O17 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2012-05-08 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-IUE-2012-05-08 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2012-05-08 (Labour Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David N. Weil, 1996.
"Appropriate Technology and Growth,"
96-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Daron Acemoglu & Jorn-Steffen Pischke, 1998.
"Beyond Becker: Training in Imperfect Labor Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
6740, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Pischke, Jorn-Steffen, 1999. "Beyond Becker: Training in Imperfect Labour Markets," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages F112-42, February.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joern-Steffen Pischke, 1998. "Beyond Becker: Training in Imperfect Labor Markets," Working papers, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics 98-12, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Benhabib, Jess & Spiegel, Mark M., 1994. "The role of human capital in economic development evidence from aggregate cross-country data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 143-173, October.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zenou, Yves, 2005.
"Demand uncertainty, mismatch and (un)employment,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 248-254, November.
- JELLAL, Mohamed & THISSE, Jacques-François & ZENOU, Yves, 1997. "Demand uncertainty, mismatch, and (un)employment," CORE Discussion Papers, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) 1997033, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- JELLAL, Mohamed & THISSE, Jacques-François & ZENOU, Yves, . "Demand uncertainty, mismatch and (un)employment," CORE Discussion Papers RP, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) -1780, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jellal, Mohamed & Thisse, Jacques-François & Zenou, Yves, 2005. "Demand uncertainty mismatch and (un)employment," MPRA Paper 38437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.