¿Puede ser considerado el auge antioqueño de la segunda mitad del siglo XIX un modelo de desarrollo económico local?
[Can be considered the Antioquian economic takeoff during the second half of the nineteenth century a model of local economic development?]
AbstractThis paper describes the main features of the economy of Antioquia during the second half of the 19th century. It tries to identify if it followed a local economic development model. In addition to a novel reinterpretation of the economic takeoff of Antioquia, based on recent sources collected, the paper represents a major contribution in the theory of local development, since, through a axiomatization process, it is proved that many of the considerations of the local development approach, usually considered acceptable in the context of post-industrial societies, are, indeed, correct in pre-industrial societies also. After conducting this as a conceptual framework and describing the characteristics of Antioquia pattern of economic development, trying to identify elements that could resemble it to an archetypal model of local development, the document concludes with some reflections on the case of study.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 35627.
Date of creation: 02 Dec 2011
Date of revision:
Economic growth; local economic development; Antioquia; 19th century;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N01 - Economic History - - General - - - Development of the Discipline: Historiographical; Sources and Methods
- O17 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- N16 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- N96 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Latin America; Caribbean
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2012-01-10 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HIS-2012-01-10 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre Philippe Combes & GillesDuranton & Henry G.Overman, 2005.
"Agglomeration And The Adjustment Of The Spatial Economy,"
001953, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Gilles Duranton & Henry Overman, 2005. "Agglomeration and the Adjustment of the Spatial Economy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0689, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Combes, Pierre-Philippe & Duranton, Gilles & Overman, Henry G., 2005. "Agglomeration and the Adjustment of the Spatial Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 5028, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Romer, Paul M., 1990.
"Human capital and growth: Theory and evidence,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 251-286, January.
- Daniele Schilirò, 2008. "I distretti industriali in Italia quale Modello di Sviluppo Locale: Aspetti evolutivi, potenzialità e criticità," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale crn0803, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Mejía Cubillos, Javier, 2012.
"Propuesta metodológica para el cálculo del riesgo sistémico financiero en estudios de Historia Económica: Aplicación para el caso de la banca libre en Antioquia, 1888
[A methodology for assess," MPRA Paper 35460, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Juan José Echavarría & Mauricio Villamizar & colaboración Juanita González, . "El Proceso Colombiano de Desindustrialización," Borradores de Economia 361, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Mejía Cubillos, Javier, 2012.
"Crecimiento económico de largo plazo en Antioquia, Colombia: Estimación del PIB. 1800-1913
[Long term economic growth in Antioquia, Colombia: GDP estimates. 1800-1913]," MPRA Paper 40041, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.