I distretti industriali in Italia quale Modello di Sviluppo Locale: Aspetti evolutivi, potenzialità e criticità
AbstractThe essay focuses on three main topics. The first one concerns the charac-teristics of the model of local development in Italy, based on the industrial districts, and the increasing weight of these districts in the economic sys-tem. Moreover, the evolution and the transformation of the industrial dis-tricts is analyzed, emphasizing their points of strength and of weakness. One proposition that derives from this analysis is that any theoretical study on industrial districts must take into account the analysis of social and cul-tural environments, of institutions and of territory. The second topic regards the competitiveness of this Italian industrial development model, based on PMI that belong to the industrial districts and on medium enterprises, which is founded on the specialization of productions, on innovation and interna-tionalization. The proposition maintained in this essay, in accordance with that expressed in Fortis and Quadrio Curzio (2006), is that such a model of industrial districts, well represented by the so called “Made in Italy”, is a strong and dynamic system which has shown good performances and it is still representing a paradigm of lasting competitiveness, even if it is re-strained by many external chronic constraints. The third topic concerns the issue of how and why to replicate the «industrial districts» in Sicily, which is a region not enough developed, where it seems clear the necessity of transforming the human capital into social capital, and also where some necessary pre-conditions for the development, regarding the infrastructures and the institutions, must be carried out .
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC) in its series CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale with number crn0803.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: via Necchi, 5 (5o piano), 20123 Milano
Web page: http://centridiricerca.unicatt.it/cranec_1800.html?type=Workingpapers
More information through EDIRC
industrial districts; local development; innovation; internationalization; specialization of production; social capital;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- O3 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dominique Foray, 2006. "The Economics of Knowledge," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262562235, December.
- repec:ept:journl:v:xxiii:y:2006:i:74en:p:51-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2005.
"Economia della conoscenza,istituzioni e sviluppo economico
[Knowledge-based economy, institutions and economic development]," MPRA Paper 31492, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Musca, Maria & Schilirò, Daniele, 2012. "An investigation into medium-sized multinational enterprises," MPRA Paper 43012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2009. "Italian industrial districts: a model of success or a weak productive system?," MPRA Paper 40070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2012.
"Italian medium-sized enterprises and the fourth capitalism,"
41399, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele SCHILIRÒ, 2012. "Italian Medium-Sized Enterprises And The Fourth Capitalism," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences Quarterly, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(4), pages 437-446, December.
- Mejía Cubillos, Javier, 2011.
"¿Puede ser considerado el auge antioqueño de la segunda mitad del siglo XIX un modelo de desarrollo económico local?
[Can be considered the Antioquian economic takeoff during the second half of ," MPRA Paper 35627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2013.
"I patti di sviluppo dei distretti produttivi in Sicilia: 2011-2013
[The development pacts of productive districts in Siciliy: 2011-2013]," MPRA Paper 43678, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2011.
"Le banche popolari cooperative
[The popular co-operative banks]," MPRA Paper 44213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2012.
"I nuovi patti di sviluppo dei distretti produttivi in Sicilia. Prime note
[The new development pacts of the productive districts in Sicily. Preliminary notes]," MPRA Paper 42663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele Schilirò & Giuseppe Timpanaro, 2012. "L’esperienza dei distretti produttivi in Sicilia nel triennio 2007-2010: un’analisi per macrosettori," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale crn1201, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Daniele Schilirò & Maria Musca, 2010. "Le Medie Imprese Multinazionali del Quarto Capitalismo," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale crn1002, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Valentini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.