I patti di sviluppo dei distretti produttivi in Sicilia: 2011-2013
[The development pacts of productive districts in Siciliy: 2011-2013]
AbstractThe euro crisis, the greater European integration, the effects of globalization have affected especially the Sicilian economy. A region in which there is an increased dependency of the economy and employment from politics for the chronic weakness of the market economy and the lack of strong civic culture. This paper, after summarizing the experience of industrial districts in Sicily in the first period of their existence from 2007 to 2010, analyzes the “Patti di Sviluppo” (Development Pacts) of industrial districts for the period 2011-2013 in order to provide an update picture of the Sicilian district system . The work contains a set of data that help to describe the manufacturing districts in Sicily and their characteristics, but also it offers some considerations about the future prospects of the new districts recognized by the Region and the conditions necessary to ensure that the experience of districts in Sicily will result positive.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43678.
Date of creation: Jan 2013
Date of revision:
Distretti produttivi; sviluppo locale; innovazione; internazionalizzazione;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schilirò, Daniele & Timpanaro, Giuseppe, 2012.
"I distretti produttivi in Sicilia: l’esperienza degli anni 2007-2010
[The productive districts in Sicily: the experience of the years 2007-2010]," MPRA Paper 43121, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2009. "Italian industrial districts: a model of success or a weak productive system?," MPRA Paper 40070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timpanaro, Giuseppe & Foti, Vera Teresa & Scuderi, Alessandro, 2012. "Multifunzionalità ed agricoltura biologica in aziende agri-sociali in Sicilia," MPRA Paper 41521, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 May 2012.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2011.
"Industria e distretti produttivi in Sicilia tra incentivi e sviluppo
[Manufacturing and productive districts in Sicily between incentives and development]," MPRA Paper 35246, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele Schilirò, 2008. "I distretti industriali in Italia quale Modello di Sviluppo Locale: Aspetti evolutivi, potenzialità e criticità," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale, UniversitÃ Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo econo crn0803, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2008.
"Knowledge, learning, networks and performance of firms in knowledge-based economies,"
30901, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele Schilirò, 2007. "Knowledge, Learning, Networks and Performance of Firms in Knowledge-Based Economies," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale, UniversitÃ Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo econo crn0702, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2005.
"Economia della conoscenza,istituzioni e sviluppo economico
[Knowledge-based economy, institutions and economic development]," MPRA Paper 31492, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele SCHILIRO, 2011.
"Innovation And Performance Of Italian Multinational Enterprises Of The "Fourth Capitalism","
Journal of Advanced Research in Management,
ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(2), pages 89-103, December.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2011. "Innovation and performance of Italian multinational enterprises of the “fourth capitalism”," MPRA Paper 34916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.