L’esperienza dei distretti produttivi in Sicilia nel triennio 2007-2010: un’analisi per macrosettori
AbstractSicily is a region lagging in development because it still shows a large gap in terms of income per capita with the Centre-North and with the average income per capita of the European Union. The region, however, have an entrepreneurial tradition that has been consolidated in agriculture and craft activities and that has paid off even in the limited manufacturing activity. The Sicilian economy has seen the emergence in recent years of several innovative companies who can be leaders in the markets, although there are many unsolved problems that constrain the economy and its development. This paper aims to examine and evaluate the experience of the 23 productive districts recognized by the Sicilian Region in 2007, distinguishing them in two broad sectors: industry-handicraft and agrofood. The evaluation is carried out at the conclusion of the “Development Agreements” of the districts over the period 2007-2010. An assessment that may be of interest just when the Region is preparing to approve the new “Development Agreements” for the next three years.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC) in its series CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale with number crn1201.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: via Necchi, 5 (5o piano), 20123 Milano
Web page: http://centridiricerca.unicatt.it/cranec_1800.html?type=Workingpapers
More information through EDIRC
distretti produttivi; macrosettori; sviluppo regionale; capitale sociale; innovazione; investimenti immateriali;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O20 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
- O25 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-22 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2012.
"I nuovi patti di sviluppo dei distretti produttivi in Sicilia. Prime note
[The new development pacts of the productive districts in Sicily. Preliminary notes]," MPRA Paper 42663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timpanaro, Giuseppe & Foti, Vera Teresa & Scuderi, Alessandro, 2012. "Multifunzionalità ed agricoltura biologica in aziende agri-sociali in Sicilia," MPRA Paper 41521, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 May 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Valentini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.