Gestion publique du périmètre irrigué : Accord informel, corruption et recherche de rente
[Public management of water in irrigated aera:informal agreement,corruption and rent-seeking]
AbstractAbstract The public water management in irrigated perimeter is marked by some failures. We can mention the theft of water, corruption and rent-seeking. These failures result in wastage of this scarce resource. We propose to study the public management of irrigated perimeter using the theory of transaction cost. To this end, we conduct an inquiry in the delegation of "Souk Essebt" in governorate of Jendouba (North West of Tunisia). The qualitative and quantitative information collected is used to describe the functioning of the perimeter. We conduct descriptive and econometric study to verify theoretical hypothesis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 34217.
Date of creation: 20 Oct 2011
Date of revision:
public management of irrigated perimeter; transaction cost; theft of water; corruption; rent seeking; transaction cost;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tollison, Robert D, 1982. "Rent Seeking: A Survey," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 575-602.
- Perret, Sylvain R., 2002. "Water Policies And Smallholding Irrigation Schemes In South Africa: A History And New Institutional Challenges," Working Papers 18041, University of Pretoria, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.