Knowledge marketing and development in the new knowledge-based economy
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to analyze and describe the relation between knowledge and development in the new knowledge-based economy and to deduct the socio-economic basics of the public marketing strategies in this context. The particularity of this approach is due to the features of knowledge, seen as production factor, mixed public good or global public good, as well as their developments in the context of relationships between university and industry, the new role of public sector research or the new theory of endogenous growth. The economic and social logic of this paper includes marketing among the tools to promote knowledgebased technology progress, imposing even juxtaposition between private or public marketing strategies. The knowledge market develops in specific directions that are compatible and integrated in the development strategies of contemporary economies. Given this context, the quantitative analysis models are inspired by more general or even classical economic models that integrate technical progress, human capital or knowledge status. The main topics discussed in this paper relate to: knowledge and arguments for knowledge marketing development, knowledge and knowledge market as objects of public marketing in contemporary economy, development models that incorporate the impact of knowledge marketing strategies and relevant empirical analysis in the context of the Romanian economy development. The growth methods are based on relevant bibliographic analysis, quantitative models and statistical evaluations, systemic analyses and summaries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 31474.
Date of creation: 15 Apr 2011
Date of revision: 10 Jun 2011
knowledge; knowledge market; global public goods;
Other versions of this item:
- Matei, Ani & Matei, Lucica, 2011. "Knowledge Marketing and Development in the new Knowledge-based Economy," Apas Papers 333, Academic Public Administration Studies Archive - APAS.
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-06-25 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-KNM-2011-06-25 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matei, Ani & Matei, Lucica, 2010.
"Reducing the administrative expenditures as source for increasing the efficiency of local governance under conditions of the financial crisis,"
23085, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 May 2010.
- Matei, Ani & Matei, Lucica, 2010. "Reducing the Administrative Expenditures as Source for Increasing the Efficiency of Local Governance under Conditions of the Financial Crisis," Apas Papers 150, Academic Public Administration Studies Archive - APAS.
- Rainer Klump & Peter McAdam & Alpo Willman, 2007. "The long-term sucCESs of the neoclassical growth model," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 94-114, Spring.
- Ani Matei & Lucica Matei & Teodora Dinu, 2009.
"Marketing of Local Public Services under the Reduction of Administrative Expenditures,"
Theoretical and Applied Economics,
Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 3(03(532)), pages 07-28, March.
- Dinu, Teodora & Matei, Ani & Matei, Lucica, 2009. "Marketing of Local Public Services Under the Reduction of Administrative Expenditures," Apas Papers 196, Academic Public Administration Studies Archive - APAS.
- Matei, Lucica & Dinu, Teodora, 2010. "Proceedings“Regulation and Best Practices in Public and Nonprofit Marketing”," MPRA Paper 24725, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Aug 2010.
- Gilles Mourre, 2009. "Underutilisation of Labour in (Continental Western) Europe: A Detailed GDP Accounting Perspective," Working Papers CEB 09-050.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Gheorghe Zaman & Zizi Goschin, 2007. "Elasticity of Substitution for Production Functions in Romania and other Countries," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 2(2(507)), pages 3-12, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.