European regulation of the market of services and national transposition
AbstractThe concepts and approaches of public marketing are moreover used and quantified in the national and European public systems. Adapted, with behaviours specific to the public system, the fundamental concepts of marketing represent a component of “the new culture of public service”. The paper aims to present aspects concerning the use of the fundamental concepts of public marketing - service, market, placement -, in the European decision-making practice, respectively in the regulatory framework of the single market, in the framework of providing public goods and services in the European space. The paper emphasizes the impact of the application of infringement procedures during 1996-2010 on the market of services and satisfaction of citizens’ needs. The regulation of the single market, the practices and „rules” of organisation and functioning are favouring the achievement of the economic and social function of the services of general interest, supporting the functionality of the internal market. The contribution of this paper consists in the analysis of the European regulations, of the content of procedures for sanctioning the EU Member States concerning the market and services from the prospect of the concepts of marketing, market, services, placement, satisfaction of public needs as well as of their interpretation
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 31470.
Date of creation: 05 Apr 2011
Date of revision: 10 Jun 2011
public service; market; consumer; regulation; infringement procedure;
Other versions of this item:
- Matei, Ani & Matei, Lucica, 2011. "European Regulation of the Market of Services and National Transpositi on," Apas Papers 334, Academic Public Administration Studies Archive - APAS.
- L32 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Enterprises; Public-Private Enterprises
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- N70 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - General, International, or Comparative
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2011-06-18 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-REG-2011-06-18 (Regulation)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alves, Helena & Mainardes, Emerson Wagner, 2010. "A Phenomenographic Analysis of the Social Marketing Concept," Apas Papers 93, Academic Public Administration Studies Archive - APAS.
- Dinu, Teodora(ed) & Matei, Lucica(ed), 2010. "Regulation and Best Practices in Public and Nonprofit Marketing," Apas Papers 225, Academic Public Administration Studies Archive - APAS.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.