La transformation postsocialiste chinoise : ouverture économique et contrainte extérieure
[Chinese postsocialist transformation: economic opening and external constraint]
AbstractThis article is an attempt to show that China's post-socialist transformation involved a change in its growth regime. Indeed, during the Maoist era, it took the form of a "forced growth" as theorized by Kornai (1972). In addition, "export aversion" was one of the main characteristics of Chinese external economic relations. Today, it is not the case anymore since China follows an export-led growth strategy. Nevertheless, this situation could be particularly difficult to manage with respect to its dependence on external demand in a context of low domestic-demand.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 3102.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Changement institutionnel; transformation postsocialiste; Chine; export-led growth;
Other versions of this item:
- Charles, Sébastien & El Karouni, Ilyess, 2008. "La transformation postsocialiste chinoise : ouverture économique et contrainte extérieure," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 84(4), pages 391-413, DÃ©cembre.
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- P33 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - International Trade, Finance, Investment, Relations, and Aid
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2007-05-12 (China)
- NEP-TRA-2007-05-12 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766, September.
- Kornai, Janos, 2000.
"What the Change of System from Socialism to Capitalism Does and Does Not Mean,"
3634160, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- J�nos Kornai, 2000. "What the Change of System from Socialism to Capitalism Does and Does Not Mean," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 27-42, Winter.
- Felipe, Jesus & Lim, Joseph Anthony, 2005. "Export or Domestic-led Growth in Asia?," Asian Development Review, Asian Development Bank, vol. 22(2), pages 35-75.
- Kornai, J, 1979. "Resource-Constrained versus Demand-Constrained Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 801-19, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.