Export or Domestic-led Growth in Asia?
AbstractIn recent years, some developing Asian countries claim to have started shifting emphasis from export-led to domestic demand-led growth policies with a view to achieving a more balanced growth strategy. This paper evaluates empirically how far this shift has gone. The evaluation—based on an analysis of five countries—finds no evidence that the period 1993–2003 has been marked by such a shift. It also finds that periods of expansionary domestic demand and deteriorating net exports signaled an ensuing crisis. This should serve in the future as an early warning system.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Asian Development Bank in its journal Asian Development Review.
Volume (Year): 22-2 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- João Paulo Martin Faleiros & Denisard Cnéio de Oliveira Alves, 2008. "Modelo de Crescimento Baseado nas Exportações: Evidências empíricas para Chile, Brasil e México, em uma perspectiva Não Linear," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807170923500, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Jorg Bibow, 2006. "Global Imbalances, Bretton Woods II, and Euroland's Role in All This," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_486, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Charles, Sébastien & El Karouni, Ilyess, 2008.
"La transformation postsocialiste chinoise : ouverture économique et contrainte extérieure,"
Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 84(4), pages 391-413, DÃ©cembre.
- El Karouni, Ilyess & Charles, Sébastien, 2007.
"La transformation postsocialiste chinoise : ouverture économique et contrainte extérieure
[Chinese postsocialist transformation: economic opening and external constraint]," MPRA Paper 3102, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- El Karouni, Ilyess & Charles, Sébastien, 2007. "La transformation postsocialiste chinoise : ouverture économique et contrainte extérieure
- Dollar, David, 2007. "Asian century or multi-polar century ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4174, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Guia S. de Guzman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.