Modeling a Multi-Choice Game Based on the Spirit of Equal Job Opportunities (New)
AbstractThe H&R Shapley value defined by Hsiao and Raghavan for multi-choice cooperative game is redundant free. If the H&R Shapley value is used as the solution of a game, there won't be any objection to a player's taking redundant actions. Therefore, the spirit of the law on equal job opportunities is automatically fulfilled. Also, if the H&R Shapley value is used as the solution of a game, it makes no difference to the players whether they have the same number of options or not. Moreover, the D&P Shapley value, the P&Z Shapley value and the WAC value are linear combinations of the H&R Shapley value, hence, they have all the same dummy free properties and the independent property as does the H&R Shapley value. Finally the N&P Shapley value is not redundant free.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 16023.
Date of creation: 01 Jul 2009
Date of revision:
Shapley value; multi-choice cooperative game; redundant free; independent of non-essential players.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2009-07-11 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2009-07-11 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Calvo, Emilio & Santos, Juan Carlos, 2000. "A value for multichoice games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 341-354, November.
- Hsiao, Chih-Ru, 1995. "A note on non-essential players in multi-choice cooperative games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 424-432.
- Hsiao, Chih-Ru & Yeh, Yeong-Nan & Mo, Jie-Ping, 1994. "The Potential of Multi-choice Cooperative Games," MPRA Paper 15007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hsiao Chih-Ru & Raghavan T. E. S., 1993. "Shapley Value for Multichoice Cooperative Games, I," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 240-256, April.
- Derks, Jean & Peters, Hans, 1993. "A Shapley Value for Games with Restricted Coalitions," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 351-60.
- Hsiao, Chih-Ru & Raghavan, T E S, 1992. "Monotonicity and Dummy Free Property for Multi-choice Cooperative Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 301-12.
- Yan-An Hwang & Yu-Hsien Liao, 2008. "Potential In Multi-Choice Cooperative Tu Games," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 25(05), pages 591-611.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.