A Review on Liao’s Dissertation Entitled “The Solutions on Multi-choice Games” and Related Publications
AbstractIn 2007, Liao finished his Ph.d. dissertation(Liao 2007) entitled “The Solutions on Multi-choice Games”. Chapter 1 of the dissertation mainly worked on two special cases of the H&R multi-choice Shapley value. One assumes that the weight function w(j) is a positive constant function for all j 6= 0 with w(0) = 0 and the other one assumes that the weight function w(j) = j for all j. If w(j) ’s are equal for all j > 0 then the formula of H&R multi-choice Shapley value can be significantly simplified to the original formula of the traditional Shapley value for the traditional games. Therefore, as a matter of fact, Definitions 1 and 2 in Chapter 1 of the dissertation  are simply the traditional Shapley value. Hence, in most part of Chapter 1, Liao was just writing “new results” of traditional games in terms of the notations of multi-choice games. Furthermore, the dissertation  did not cited (1994), (1995a) and (1996) which held the original ideas of its main part of chapter 1.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30260.
Date of creation: 12 Apr 2011
Date of revision:
Multi-choice TU games; Shapley value; potential; w-consistency;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-23 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:43:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hsiao, Chih-Ru, 1995. "A Value for Continuously-Many-Choice Cooperative Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 273-92.
- Hwang, Yan-An & Liao, Yu-Hsien, 2008. "Potential approach and characterizations of a Shapley value in multi-choice games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 321-335, November.
- Derks, Jean & Peters, Hans, 1993.
"A Shapley Value for Games with Restricted Coalitions,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 351-60.
- Derks, Jean & Peters, Hans, 1993. "A Shapley value for games with restricted coalitions," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-12273, Maastricht University.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2007:i:40:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hsiao, Chih-Ru & Yeh, Yeong-Nan & Mo, Jie-Ping, 1994. "The Potential of Multi-choice Cooperative Games," MPRA Paper 15007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- Yu-Hsien Liao, 2009. "Dividend approach and level consistency for the Derks and Peters value," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1054-1062.
- Peters, H. & Zank, H., 2005. "The egalitarian solution for multi-choice games," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-12230, Maastricht University.
- Hsiao, Chih-Ru, 1996. "Consistency of the Multi-Choice Shapley Value," MPRA Paper 18504, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hsiao, Chih-Ru, 1995. "A note on non-essential players in multi-choice cooperative games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 424-432.
- Yan-An Hwang & Yu-Hsien Liao, 2008. "Potential In Multi-Choice Cooperative Tu Games," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 25(05), pages 591-611.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.