Influential decision factors of counterfeit consumers in Shijiazhuang city of China: A Logit analysis
AbstractThe policies implemented towards open-economy by the Chinese government encouraged adopting foreign technology or marketing techniques. Counterfeiting has been found to be an antagonistic consequence of the policy. The study has attempted to determine the socio-demographic attributes that influence the decision of buying counterfeit. Using convenience sampling technique 301 samples were collected. Descriptive statistics, non-parametric mean test, spearman correlation and logit analysis were employed to fulfill the objectives of the study. Most of the socio-demographic attributes were found to be significant in hastening the intension to buy counterfeit. The findings showed that the deceptive consumers are slightly older than the non-deceptive consumers though the non-deceptive consumers had lower education. The study recommended that motivational work and implementation of effective legal system could protect expansion of counterfeit marketing in the study area as well as in china.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10672.
Date of creation: 15 Dec 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in International Jounral of Management and Entrepreneurship 2.1(2005): pp. 160-178
Counterfeit product; china; logit model; influential factor; decision factor;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grossman, Gene M & Shapiro, Carl, 1988.
"Foreign Counterfeiting of Status Goods,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 103(1), pages 79-100, February.
- Bush, Ronald F. & Bloch, Peter H. & Dawson, Scott, 1989. "Remedies for product counterfeiting," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 59-65.
- Cordell, Victor V. & Wongtada, Nittaya & Kieschnick, Robert Jr., 1996. "Counterfeit purchase intentions: Role of lawfulness attitudes and product traits as determinants," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 41-53, January.
- Safa, Mohammad Samaun & Shakir, Fazna & Boon, Ooi Keng, 2006. "Knowledge management: Practice and performance of NGO in Maldives," MPRA Paper 10756, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.