The Effects Of Counterfeit On Luxury Brand Buying Behavior, In Terms Of Consumption Experience
AbstractA large number of studies on counterfeiting explore consumer behaviors in the consumption of counterfeit articles. But few of them consider luxury brand consumers and counterfeiting. Our research attempts to contribute to this field by studying strategies adopted by luxury brand consumers in the face of counterfeiting (Commuri 2009). To do so, we use the concept of an "experience of another self" in buying a product (Dampérat et al., 2002), which focuses on personal and social objects of consumption.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number halshs-00660417.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00660417
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Counterfeit consumption; Luxury brand; Consumption experience;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2012-01-25 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2012-01-25 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MKT-2012-01-25 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven Globerman, 1988. "Addressing International Product Piracy," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(3), pages 497-504, September.
- Swami, Viren & Chamorro-Premuzic, Tomas & Furnham, Adrian, 2009. "Faking it: Personality and individual difference predictors of willingness to buy counterfeit goods," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 820-825, October.
- Wilke, Ricky & Zaichkowsky, Judith Lynne, 1999. "Brand imitation and its effects on innovation, competition, and brand equity," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 9-18.
- Harvey, Michael, 1988. "A new way to combat product counterfeiting," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 19-28.
- Gene M. Grossman & Carl Shapiro, 1988.
"Foreign Counterfeiting of Status Goods,"
NBER Working Papers
1915, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bian, Xuemei & Moutinho, Luiz, 2009. "An investigation of determinants of counterfeit purchase consideration," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 368-378, March.
- Nill, Alexander & Shultz, Clifford II, 1996. "The scourge of global counterfeiting," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 37-42.
- Bush, Ronald F. & Bloch, Peter H. & Dawson, Scott, 1989. "Remedies for product counterfeiting," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 59-65.
- Cordell, Victor V. & Wongtada, Nittaya & Kieschnick, Robert Jr., 1996. "Counterfeit purchase intentions: Role of lawfulness attitudes and product traits as determinants," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 41-53, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.