Philippine Macroeconomic Policies Affecting Households
AbstractDue to prolonged recession in developed countries and the rise in interest rates, the Philippine government has embarked on a series of stabilization and structural programs to stem the alarming rate of the country’s indebtedness. This study presents the key macroeconomic policies adopted in recent years and these affect individual households. It also discusses the mechanisms by which monetary and fiscal adjustments affect the labor market, the goods market and the government expenditures including the provision of public goods. Areas for future research are highlighted.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Philippine Institute for Development Studies in its series Working Papers with number WP 1992-17.
Date of creation: 1992
Date of revision:
stabilization program; MIMAP; macroeconomic adjustments;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herrin, Alejandro N., 1990. "An Assessment of Population, Health and Education Policies in the Philippines, 1986-1988," Working Papers WP 1990-10, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Groves, Theodore & Ledyard, John O, 1977.
"Optimal Allocation of Public Goods: A Solution to the "Free Rider" Problem,"
Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 783-809, May.
- Theodore Groves & John Ledyard, 1976. "Optimal Allocation of Public Goods: A Solution to the 'Free Rider Problem'," Discussion Papers 144, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Yap, Josef T., 1989. "The Philippines: Recent Performance, Prospects for 1989-1990, Policy and Development Issues," Working Papers WP 1989-01, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Robert Dohner & Ponciano Intal, 1989. "Debt Crisis and Adjustment in the Philippines," NBER Chapters, in: Developing Country Debt and the World Economy, pages 169-192 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Medalla, Erlinda M. & Alburo, Florian & Pante, Filologo Jr., 1989. "Philippine Trade Policy Options," Working Papers WP 1989-09, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Lapar, Maria Lucila A., 1991. "Micro Impacts of Macroeconomic Adjustment Policies (MIMAP): A Framework Paper and review of Literature," Working Papers WP 1991-02, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Sanchez-Robielos, Maria Teresa & Reyes, Edna A., 1989. "Employment, Productivity and Wages in the Philippine Labor market: An Analysis of Trends and Policies," Working Papers WP 1989-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Mariano, Roberto S. & Constantino, Winnie, 1990. "The PIDS-NEDA Annual Macroeconometric Model, Version 1989: A Summary," Working Papers WP 1990-13, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.