A survey on European integration, offshoring and trade
AbstractThis note describes Central and Eastern European countries’ (CEECs) involvement in production and trade in Europe. After having liberalised their economies in the 1990s, CEECs have become a part of international production networks in Europe. International production/distribution networks in East Asia have been developing simultaneously. The paper compares production and trade patterns in Europe and East Asia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies) in its series Memoranda - Policy Papers with number 43.
Date of creation: Nov 2009
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2010-04-11 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-SEA-2010-04-11 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2010-04-11 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Feenstra, 2003.
"Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy,"
986, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1998. "Integration of Trade and Disintegration of Production in the Global Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 31-50, Fall.
- Robert C. Feenstra, . "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Department of Economics 98-06, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Altomonte, Carlo & Guagliano, Claudia, 2003. "Comparative study of FDI in Central and Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 223-246, June.
- Sascha O. Becker & Karolina Ekholm & Robert Jäckle & Marc-Andreas Muendler, 2005.
"Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 141(4), pages 693-731, December.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Ekholm, Karolina & Jäckle, Robert & Muendler, Marc-Andreas, 2005. "Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," CEPR Discussion Papers 4887, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Ekholm, Karolina & Jäckle, Robert & Mündler, Marc-Andreas, 2005. "Location choice and employment decisions: a comparison of German and Swedish multinationals," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,08, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Sascha O. Becker & Karolina Ekholm & Robert Jäckle & Marc-Andreas Muendler, 2005. "Location Choice and Employment Decisions:A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 4, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Becker, Sasha O & Ekholm, Karolina & Jackle, Robert & Muendler, Marc-Andreas, 2004. "Location Choices and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt2fq490pd, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Sascha O. Becker & Karolina Ekholm & Robert Jäckle & Marc-Andreas Mündler, 2005. "Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," Kiel Working Papers 1243, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Sascha O. Becker & Karolina Ekholm & Robert Jaeckle & Marc-Andreas Muendler, 2005. "Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," CESifo Working Paper Series 1374, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hatzius, Jan, 1998. " Domestic Jobs and Foreign Wages," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 100(4), pages 733-46, December.
- Kimura, Fukunari & Ando, Mitsuyo, 2005. "Two-dimensional fragmentation in East Asia: Conceptual framework and empirics," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 317-348.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala, 2008. "China's integration into global production networks and its implications for export-led growth strategy in other countries in the region," Departmental Working Papers 2008-04, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Claudia M. Buch & Jörn Kleinert & Alexander Lipponer & Farid Toubal, 2005. "Determinants and effects of foreign direct investment: evidence from German firm-level data," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 20(41), pages 52-110, 01.
- David Hummels & Dana Rapoport & Kei-Mu Yi, 1998. "Vertical specialization and the changing nature of world trade," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jun, pages 79-99.
- Kimura, Fukunari & Takahashi, Yuya & Hayakawa, Kazunobu, 2007. "Fragmentation and parts and components trade: Comparison between East Asia and Europe," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 23-40, February.
- Lemoine, Francoise & Unal-Kesenci, Deniz, 2004. "Assembly Trade and Technology Transfer: The Case of China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 829-850, May.
- Fukunari KIMURA, 2006. "International Production and Distribution Networks in East Asia: Eighteen Facts, Mechanics, and Policy Implications," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 1(2), pages 326-344.
- Kaminski, Bartlomiej & Ng, Francis, 2005. "Production disintegration and integration of Central Europe into global markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 377-390.
- Chonira Aturupane & Simeon Djankov & Bernard Hoekman, 1999. "Horizontal and vertical intra-industry trade between Eastern Europe and the European union," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 135(1), pages 62-81, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekaterina Selezneva).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.