Growth and Bubbles with Consumption Externalities
AbstractThis paper explores the role of consumption externalities in an overlapping generations economy with capital accumulation. If consumers in each generation are concerned with other agentsf consumption behaviors, there exist intergenerational as well as intragenerational consumption externalities. It is the presence of intergenreational consumption externalities that may produce fundamental effects both on equilibrium dynamics and on steady-state characterization of the economy. This paper demonstrates this fact in the context of a simple model of endogenously growing, overlapping-generations economy with or without asset bubbles.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP) in its series Discussion Papers in Economics and Business with number 07-07.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2007
Date of revision:
Consumption Externalities; Overlapping Generations; Long-run Growth; Asset Bubbles.;
Other versions of this item:
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2007-04-09 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2007-04-09 (Macroeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masako Ikefuji & Kazuo Mino, 2009.
"Internal vs. External Habit Formation in a Growing Economy with Overlapping Generations,"
KIER Working Papers
676, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Masako Ikefuji & Kazuo Mino, 2009. "Internal vs. External Habit Formation in a Growing Economy with Overlapping Generations," ISER Discussion Paper 0750, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Junko Doi & Kazuo Mino, 2006.
"A Variety-Expansion Model of Growth with External Habit Formation,"
Discussion Papers in Economics and Business
06-07, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Doi, Junko & Mino, Kazuo, 2008. "A variety-expansion model of growth with external habit formation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 3055-3083, October.
- Hori, Katsuhiko & Shibata, Akihisa, 2009.
"Dynamic game model of endogenous growth with consumption externalities,"
49314, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Katsuhiko Hori & Akihisa Shibata, 2008. "A Dynamic Game Model of Endogenous Growth with Consumption Externalities," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2008-040, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Takeo Hori, 2009. "Inequality and growth: the roles of life expectancy and relative consumption," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 96(1), pages 19-40, January.
- Kazuo Mino & Yasuhiro Nakamoto, 2009. "Consumption Externalities and Wealth Distribution in a Neoclassical Growth Model," KIER Working Papers 683, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Kazuo Mino & Yasuhiro Nakamoto, 2008.
"Consumption Externalities and Equilibrium Dynamics with Heterogenous Agents,"
Discussion Papers in Economics and Business
08-30, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Mino, Kazuo & Nakamoto, Yasuhiro, 2012. "Consumption externalities and equilibrium dynamics with heterogeneous agents," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 225-233.
- Kazuo Mino & Yasuhiro Nakamoto, 2011. "Consumption Externalities and Equilibrium Dynamics with Heterogenous Agents," KIER Working Papers 792, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Atsuko SUZUKI).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.