Nutrient Trading in Lake Rotorua: Goals and Trading Caps
AbstractFor a nutrient trading system to achieve the desired environmental outcome, or goal, this outcome needs to be translated into nutrient flows and allowances. To connect the nutrient loss provided for under the allowances with the environmental goal, a number of decisions need to be made. These decisions will shape the nutrient trading system. This paper looks at the information and analysis needed to ultimately define allowances and set trading caps for a nutrient trading system.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Motu Economic and Public Policy Research in its series Working Papers with number 07_08.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2007
Date of revision:
Water quality; nutrients; trading; Lake Rotorua;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- R. Prabodanie & John Raffensperger & Mark Milke, 2010. "A Pollution Offset System for Trading Non-Point Source Water Pollution Permits," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(4), pages 499-515, April.
- Roberts, Anna M. & Pannell, David J. & Doole, Graeme J. & Vigiak, Olga, 2010.
"Agricultural land management strategies to reduce phosphorus loads in the Gippsland Lakes, Australia,"
102454, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Roberts, Anna M. & Pannell, David J. & Doole, Graeme & Vigiak, Olga, 2012. "Agricultural land management strategies to reduce phosphorus loads in the Gippsland Lakes, Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 11-22.
- Lock, Kelly & Kerr, Suzi & Cox, Tim & Rutherford, Kit, 2008. "Assessing design options for a Nutrient Trading System using an integrated model," 2008 Conference, August 28-29, 2008, Nelson, New Zealand 96443, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Kelly Lock & Suzi Kerr, 2008. "Nutrient Trading in Lake Rotorua: Overview of a Prototype System," Working Papers 08_02, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tui Head).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.