Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis
Contact information of De Gruyter:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
Download restrictions: For access to full text, subscription to the journal or payment for the individual article is required.
Current editor: Scott Farrow
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Robert Scott Farrow
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Peter Golla)
Series handle: repec:bpj:jbcacn
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2014, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1 Letter from the Editors for the JBCA, Volume 5, Issue 1 (2014) June 17, 2014
by Blomquist Glenn & Hoyt William
- 21 Behavioral economics and policy evaluation
by Brennan Timothy J.
- 25 Role of BCA in TIGER grant reviews: common errors and influence on the selection process
by Homan Anthony C.
- 35 Identifying the analytical implications of alternative regulatory philosophies
by Fraas Art & Morgenstern Richard
- 39 Estimating the social value of higher education: willingness to pay for community and technical colleges
by Blomquist Glenn C. & Troske Kenneth R. & Coomes Paul A. & Jepsen Christopher & Koford Brandon C.
- 45 A benefit-cost framework for early intervention to prevent sex trading
by Martin Lauren & Lotspeich Richard
2013, Volume 4, Issue 3
- 263-300 A cost-benefit analysis of Tulsa’s IDA program
by Greenberg David H.
- 301-333 Congressional modification of benefit-cost analysis as a vehicle for particularized benefits and a limitation on agency discretion: the case of the federal contract tower program
by Mills Russell W.
- 335-360 Benefit-cost analysis of accelerated replacement of Hong Kong’s pre-Euro IV buses
by Leung Weiwen
- 361-373 Accounting for systematic risk in benefit-cost analysis: a practical approach
by Hansen Jason & Lipow Jonathan
- 375-389 Benefit-cost analysis: government compensation vs. consumer tax model
by Schmitz Andrew & Haynes Dwayne J. & Schmitz Troy G.
- 391-400 The most appropriate discount rate
by Burgess David F. & Zerbe Richard O.
- 401-409 The choice of the social discount rate and the opportunity cost of public funds
by Moore Mark A. & Vining Aidan R. & Boardman Anthony E.
2013, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 131-157 Regional variation, holdouts, and climate treaty negotiations
by Holladay J. Scott & Livermore Michael A.
- 159-180 A cost-benefit framework for evaluating conditional cash-transfer programs
by Brent Robert J.
- 181-208 A cost-benefit analysis: implementing temporary disability insurance in Washington State
by Jacoby Dan F.
- 209-235 Cost-benefit analyses of sprinklers in nursing homes for elderly
by Jaldell Henrik
- 237-261 The value of a statistical life: some clarifications and puzzles
by Sunstein Cass R.
2013, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-16 More appropriate discounting: the rate of social time preference and the value of the social discount rate
by Moore Mark A. & Vining Aidan R. & Boardman Anthony E.
- 17-38 Regulatory policy: what role for retrospective analysis and review?
by Lutter Randall
- 39-80 New risk rates, inter-industry differentials and the magnitude of VSL estimates
by Scotton Carol R.
- 81-105 Water quality indices and benefit-cost analysis
by Walsh Patrick J. & Wheeler William J.
- 107-130 Skills of the trade: valuing health risk reductions in benefit-cost analysis
by Robinson Lisa A. & Hammitt James K.
2012, Volume 3, Issue 4
- 1-10 Implications of a Weaker Form of Complementarity
by Neill Jon R.
- 1-29 Economic Costs and Benefits of Promoting Healthy Takeaway Meals at Workplace Canteens
by Jensen Jørgen Dejgaard & Mørkbak Morten Raun & Nordström Jonas
- 1-25 The Costs and Benefits of Intensive Forest Management
by Brännlund Runar & Carlén Ola & Lundgren Tommy & Marklund Per-Olov
- 1-24 News and Social Cost: The Case of Oil Spills and Distant Viewers
by Farrow Scott & Larson Douglas M.
- 1-20 Gain and Loss Domains and the Choice of Welfare Measure of Positive and Negative Changes
by Knetsch Jack L. & Riyanto Yohanes E. & Zong Jichuan
2012, Volume 3, Issue 3
- 1-25 Benefit-Cost Analysis of Environmental Projects: A Plethora of Biases Understating Net Benefits
by Graves Philip E.
- 1-37 The Economic Cost of Conscription and an Upper Bound on the Value of a Statistical Life: Hedonic Estimates from Two Margins of Response to the Vietnam Draft
by Rohlfs Chris
- 1-33 External Benefits of Brownfield Redevelopment: An Applied Urban General Equilibrium Analysis
by Vermeer Niels & Vermeulen Wouter
- 1-30 Taking "All Men Are Created Equal" Seriously: Toward a Metric for the Intergroup Comparison of Utility Functions Through Life Values
by Courard-Hauri David & Lauer Stephen A.
- 1-12 An Empirical Estimate of the Labor Response Function for Benefit-Cost Analysis
by Vitaliano Donald F.
2012, Volume 3, Issue 2
- 1-52 Developing General Equilibrium Benefit Analyses for Social Programs: An Introduction and Example
by Klaiber H. Allen & Smith V. Kerry
- 1-41 Measuring The Social Opportunity Cost of Labor In Mexico
by Guillermo-Peon Sylvia B. & Harberger Arnold C.
- 1-36 The Normative Implications of Political Decision-Making for Benefit-Cost Analysis
by Krutilla Kerry & Alexeev Alexander
- 1-29 Accounting for Nonmarket Impacts in a Benefit-Cost Analysis of Underground Coal Mining in New South Wales, Australia
by Gillespie Rob & Kragt Marit E.
- 1-12 Scitovsky Reversals and Practical Benefit-Cost Analysis
by Just Richard E. & Schmitz Andrew & Zerbe Richard O.
2012, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-27 Indirect Effects in Cost-Benefit Analysis
by Rouwendal Jan
- 1-9 Skills of the Trade: The Tufts Cost-Effectiveness Analysis Registry
by Thorat Teja & Cangelosi Michael & Neumann Peter J.
- 1-45 Toward Standardization of Benefit-Cost Analysis of Early Childhood Interventions
by Karoly Lynn A.
- 1-31 Is Mandatory Project Evaluation Always Appropriate? Dynamic Inconsistencies of Irreversible and Reversible Projects
by Kono Tatsuhito & Notoya Hiromichi
- 1-30 Institutional Safeguards for Cost Benefit Analysis: Lessons from the Chilean National Investment System
by Gómez-Lobo Andrés
2011, Volume 2, Issue 3
- 1-19 Valuing the Benefit for Cancer Patients of Receiving Blood Transfusions at Home
by Havet Nathalie & Morelle Magali & Remonnay Raphaël & Carrere Marie-Odile
- 1-6 Comment on Burgess and Zerbe: On Bank Market Power and the Social Discount Rate
by Johansson Per-Olov & Kriström Bengt
- 1-37 Benefit-Cost Analysis with Local Residents' Stated Preference Information: A Study of Non-Motorized Transport Investments in Pune, India
by Wang Hua & Fang Ke & Shi Yuyan
- 1-36 The Combination of Lab and Field Experiments for Benefit-Cost Analysis
by Marette Stéphan & Roosen Jutta & Blanchemanche Sandrine
- 1-28 Risk Heterogeneity and the Value of Reducing Fatal Risks: Further Market-Based Evidence
by Kochi Ikuho & Taylor Laura O
- 1-25 Towards Principles and Standards for the Benefit-Cost Analysis of Safety
by Farrow Scott & Viscusi W. Kip
- 1-11 Comment on Burgess and Zerbe's "Appropriate Discounting for Benefit-Cost Analysis"
by Szekeres Szabolcs
- 1-10 Calculating the Social Opportunity Cost Discount Rate
by Burgess David F. & Zerbe Richard O
2011, Volume 2, Issue 2
- 1-27 The Treatment of Uncertainty in EPA's Analysis of Air Pollution Rules: A Status Report
by Fraas Arthur G.
- 1-9 Labor Expenditures and Benefit-Cost Accounting in Times of Unemployment
by Haveman Robert H. & Farrow Scott
- 1-56 Characterizing the Amount and Speed of Discounting Procedures
by Jamison Dean T. & Jamison Julian
- 1-51 Behavioral Economics and the Conduct of Benefit-Cost Analysis: Towards Principles and Standards
by Robinson Lisa A & Hammitt James K.
- 1-43 Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Community Patent
by Danguy Jérôme & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie Bruno
- 1-29 Private Valuation of a Public Good in Three Auction Mechanisms
by Dragicevic Arnaud Z. & Ettinger David
- 1-20 Appropriate Discounting for Benefit-Cost Analysis
by Burgess David F & Zerbe Richard O
2011, Volume 2, Issue 1
- 1-24 Benefit-Cost Analysis for Drinking Water Standards: Efficiency, Equity, and Affordability Considerations in Small Communities
by Raucher Robert S. & Rubin Scott J & Crawford-Brown Douglas & Lawson Megan M.
- 1-29 The Income Elasticity of the Value per Statistical Life: Transferring Estimates between High and Low Income Populations
by Hammitt James K. & Robinson Lisa A
- 1-28 The BCA of HSR: Should the Government Invest in High Speed Rail Infrastructure?
by De Rus Ginés
- 1-27 A Benefit-Cost Analysis of Private and Semi-Private Hospital Rooms
by Boardman Anthony E & Forbes Diane
- 1-24 Incorporating Distributional Issues into Benefit Cost Analysis: Why, How, and Two Empirical Examples Using Non-market Valuation
by Loomis John B
2010, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-19 Designing Smarter Regulation with Improved Benefit-Cost Analysis
by Hahn Robert
- 1-40 An Assessment of Important Issues Concerning the Application of Benefit-Cost Analysis to Social Policy
by Vining Aidan & Weimer David L
- 1-30 A Synthesis of Random Assignment Benefit-Cost Studies of Welfare-to-Work Programs
by Greenberg David H & Deitch Victoria & Hamilton Gayle
- 1-3 Introduction to Inaugural Issue
by Farrow Scott
- 1-26 Valuing Foreign Lives and Settlements
by Dana David A.
- 1-15 Benefit-Cost Analysis: Distributional Considerations under Producer Quota Buyouts
by Schmitz Andrew & Schmitz Troy G.
- 1-11 Getting Real: Price Deflation of Nominal Values
by Kokoski Mary