Externalities, Potential, Value and Consistency
AbstractWe provide new characterization results for the value of games in partition function form. In particular, we use the potential of a game to define the value. We also provide a characterization of the class of values which satisfies one form of reduced game consistency.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ in its series Cahiers de recherche with number 06-2008.
Length: 43 pages
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: C.P. 6128, Succ. centre-ville, Montréal (PQ) H3C 3J7
Phone: (514) 343-6557
Fax: (514) 343-7221
Web page: http://www.cireq.umontreal.ca
More information through EDIRC
Shapley value; potential; consistency; games in partition function form;
Other versions of this item:
- Bhaskar Dutta & Lars Ehlers & Anirban Kar, 2008. "Externalities, Potential, Value And Consistency," Working papers 168, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- DUTTA, Bhaskar & EHLERS, Lars & KAR, Anirban, 2008. "Externalities, Potential, Value and Consistency," Cahiers de recherche 2008-06, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geoffroy de Clippel & Roberto Serrano, 2005.
"Marginal Contributions And Externalities In The Value,"
Economics Working Papers
we057339, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Geoffroy de Clippel & Roberto Serrano, 2008. "Marginal Contributions and Externalities in the Value," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(6), pages 1413-1436, November.
- Geoffroy de Clippel & Roberto Serrano, 2007. "Marginal contributions and externalities in the value," Working Papers 2007-04, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Geoffroy de Clippel & Roberto Serrano, 2005. "Marginal Contributions and Externalities in the Value," Working Papers 2005-11, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Bolger, E M, 1989. "A Set of Axioms for a Value for Partition Function Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 37-44.
- Kim Hang Pham Do & Henk Norde, 2007.
"The Shapley Value For Partition Function Form Games,"
International Game Theory Review (IGTR),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(02), pages 353-360.
- Pham Do, K.H. & Norde, H.W., 2002. "The Shapley Value for Partition Function Form Games," Discussion Paper 2002-4, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Macho-Stadler, Ines & Perez-Castrillo, David & Wettstein, David, 2007. "Sharing the surplus: An extension of the Shapley value for environments with externalities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 339-356, July.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- M. J. Albizuri & J. Arin & J. Rubio, 2005. "An Axiom System For A Value For Games In Partition Function Form," International Game Theory Review (IGTR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(01), pages 63-72.
- Ray, Debraj, 2007. "A Game-Theoretic Perspective on Coalition Formation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199207954, October.
- Moulin, Herve, 1985. "The separability axiom and equal-sharing methods," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 120-148, June.
- Effrosyni Diamantoudi & Inés Macho-Stadler & David Pérez-Castrillo & Licun Xue, 2011.
"Sharing the surplus in games with externalities within and across issues,"
569, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Effrosyni Diamantoudi & Inés Macho-Stadler & David Pérez-Castrillo & Licun Xue, 2011. "Sharing the surplus in games with externalities within and across issues," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 880.11, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Inés Macho-Stadler & David Pérez-Castrillo & David Wettstein, 2008.
"Dividends and Weighted Values in Games with Externalities,"
366, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Inés Macho-Stadler & David Pérez-Castrillo & David Wettstein, 2010. "Dividends and weighted values in games with externalities," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 177-184, March.
- Ines Macho-Stadler & David Perez-Castrillo & David Wettstein, 2009. "Dividends and Weighted Values in Games with Externalities," Working Papers 0906, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Inés Macho-Stadler & David Pérez-Castrillo & David Wettstein, 2008. "Dividends and Weighted Values in Games with Externalities," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 758.08, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- van den Brink, René & van der Laan, Gerard & Moes, Nigel, 2012.
"Fair agreements for sharing international rivers with multiple springs and externalities,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 388-403.
- Rene van den Brink & Gerard van der Laan & Nigel Moes, 2010. "Fair Agreements for Sharing International Rivers with Multiple Springs and Externalities," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-096/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Dominik Karos, 2013. "Bargaining and Power," Working Papers 2013.63, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Cheng-Cheng Hu & Yi-You Yang, 2010. "An axiomatic characterization of a value for games in partition function form," SERIEs, Spanish Economic Association, vol. 1(4), pages 475-487, September.
- Mikel Álvarez-Mozos & Oriol Tejada Pinyol, 2014. "The Banzhaf Value in the Presence of Externalities," UB Economics Working Papers 2014/302, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat d'Economia i Empresa, UB Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.