Coherent Cost-Sharing Rules
AbstractWe reconsider the discrete version of the axiomatic cost-sharing model. We propose a condition of (informational) coherence requiring that not all informational refinements of a given problem be solved differently from the original problem. We prove that strictly coherent linear cost-sharing rules must be simple random-order rules.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques in its series Cahiers de recherche with number 9902.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: CP 6128, Succ. Centre-Ville, Montréal, Québec, H3C 3J7
Phone: (514) 343-6540
Fax: (514) 343-5831
Web page: http://www.sceco.umontreal.ca
More information through EDIRC
cost sharing; additivity; random order;
Other versions of this item:
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koster, M.A.L. & Tijs, S.H. & Borm, P.E.M., 1998.
"Serial cost sharing methods for multi-commodity situations,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-78039, Tilburg University.
- Koster, Maurice & Tijs, Stef & Borm, Peter, 1998. "Serial cost sharing methods for multi-commodity situations," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 229-242, December.
- Kolpin, Van, 1996. "Multi-Product Serial Cost Sharing: An Incompatibility with the Additivity Axiom," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 227-233, April.
- Wang, YunTong, 1999. "The additivity and dummy axioms in the discrete cost sharing model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 187-192, August.
- Dominique Henriet & Herve' Moulin, 1996.
"Traffic-Based Cost Allocation in a Network,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 332-345, Summer.
- Aadland, David & Kolpin, Van, 1998. "Shared irrigation costs: An empirical and axiomatic analysis," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 203-218, March.
- Sprumont, Y., 1996.
"Ordinal Cost Sharing,"
Cahiers de recherche
9624, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Young, H.P., 1994. "Cost allocation," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 34, pages 1193-1235 Elsevier.
- HervÊ Moulin, 1999. "Incremental cost sharing: Characterization by coalition strategy-proofness," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 279-320.
- Hervé Moulin, 1995.
"On Additive Methods To Share Joint Costs,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 46(4), pages 303-332, December.
- Moulin, Herve & Shenker, Scott, 1992. "Serial Cost Sharing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(5), pages 1009-37, September.
- Moulin Herve & Shenker Scott, 1994. "Average Cost Pricing versus Serial Cost Sharing: An Axiomatic Comparison," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 178-201, October.
- Friedman, Eric & Moulin, Herve, 1999.
"Three Methods to Share Joint Costs or Surplus,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 275-312, August.
- Pradeep Dubey & Robert J. Weber, 1977.
"Probabilistic Values for Games,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
471, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Martin Shubik, 1961.
"Incentives, Decentralized Control, the Assignment of Joint Costs and Internal Pricing,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
112, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Martin Shubik, 1962. "Incentives, Decentralized Control, the Assignment of Joint Costs and Internal Pricing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 325-343, April.
- S. C. Littlechild & G. Owen, 1973. "A Simple Expression for the Shapley Value in a Special Case," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 370-372, November.
- Moulin, Herve, 2001.
"Axiomatic Cost and Surplis-Sharing,"
2001-06, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Moulin, Herve & Vohra, Rakesh, 2003.
"Characterization of additive cost sharing methods,"
Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 399-407, September.
- MOULIN, Hervé & SPRUMONT, Yves., 2002.
"Responsibility and Cross-Subsidization in Cost Sharing,"
Cahiers de recherche
2002-19, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Moulin, Herve & Sprumont, Yves, 2006. "Responsibility and cross-subsidization in cost sharing," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 152-188, April.
- Moulin, Herve & Sprumont, Yves, 2002. "Responsibility and Cross-Subsidization in Cost Sharing," Working Papers 2002-05, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Moulin, Herve & Sprumont, Yves, 2003.
"On Demand Responsiveness in Additive Cost Sharing,"
2003-10, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Christophe Labreuche & Michel Grabisch, 2008. "A value for bi-cooperative games," Post-Print halshs-00308738, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.