Nonatomic Games with Limited Anonymity
AbstractAfter a brief survey of the literature about the existence of a Nash Equilibrium in the class of the nonatomic games, we prove the existence of an equilibrium in the class of the nonatomic games where the players' payoff depends over the average strategy of finitely many convex and disjoint subsets of players. Finally, several applications are shown, in the context of the economics of science and namely about the problem of the topic choice made by the set of the researchers, represented as a continuum.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 39.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2001
Date of revision: Nov 2001
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Minelli, Enrico & Forges, Françoise, 1997.
"Self-Fulfilling Mechanisms and Rational Expectations,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/12327, Paris Dauphine University.
- Forges, Francoise & Minelli, Enrico, 1997. "Self-Fulfilling Mechanisms and Rational Expectations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 388-406, August.
- FORGES, Françoise & MINELLI , Enrico, 1994. "Self-Fulfilling Mechanisms and Rational Expectations," CORE Discussion Papers 1994044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Forges, F. & Minelli, E., 1996. "Self-Fulfilling Mechanisms and Rational Expectations," Papers 9605, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- F. Forges & E. Minelli, 1996. "Self-fulfilling mechanisms and rational expectations," THEMA Working Papers 96-05, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Shapley, Lloyd S., 1994. "Noncooperative general exchange with a continuum of traders: Two models," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 253-293, May.
- Konishi, Hideo & Le Breton, Michel & Weber, Shlomo, 1997. "Pure Strategy Nash Equilibrium in a Group Formation Game with Positive Externalities," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 161-182, October.
- Konishi, Hideo & Le Breton, Michel & Weber, Shlomo, 1997. "Equilibria in a Model with Partial Rivalry," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 225-237, January.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-68, October.
- Paula E. Stephan, 1996. "The Economics of Science," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1199-1235, September.
- Rath, Kali P, 1992. "A Direct Proof of the Existence of Pure Strategy Equilibria in Games with a Continuum of Players," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 427-33, July.
- Aumann, Robert J., 1976. "An elementary proof that integration preserves uppersemicontinuity," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 15-18, March.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1984. "On a theorem of Schmeidler," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 201-206, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roberto Reale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.