The Estimation and Testing of a Linear Regression with Near Unit Root in the Spatial Autoregressive Error Term
AbstractThis paper considers the estimation of a linear regression involving the spatial autoregressive (SAR) error term, which is nearly nonstationary. The asymptotics properties of the ordinary least squares (OLS), true generalized least squares (GLS) and feasible generalized least squares (FGLS) estimators as well as the corresponding Wald test statistics are derived. Monte Carlo results are conducted to study the sampling behavior of the proposed estimators and test statistics. Key Words: Spatial Autocorrelation; Ordinary Least Squares; Generalized Least Squares; Two-stage Least Squares; Maximum Likelihood Estimation JEL No. C23, C33
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University in its series Center for Policy Research Working Papers with number 150.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 426 Eggers Hall, Syracuse, New York USA 13244-1020
Phone: (315) 443-3114
Fax: (315) 443-1081
Web page: http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/cpr.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2013-01-19 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2013-01-19 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-GEO-2013-01-19 (Economic Geography)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kelejian, Harry H & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1998. "A Generalized Spatial Two-Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 99-121, July.
- Martellosio, Federico, 2008. "Testing for spatial autocorrelation: the regressors that make the power disappear," MPRA Paper 10542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jørgen Lauridsen & Reinhold Kosfeld, 2006.
"A test strategy for spurious spatial regression, spatial nonstationarity, and spatial cointegration,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(3), pages 363-377, 08.
- Jorgen Lauridsen & Reinhold Kosfeld, 2003. "A Test Strategy for Spurious Spatial Regression, Spatial Nonstationarity, and Spatial Cointegration," ERSA conference papers ersa03p42, European Regional Science Association.
- Martellosio, Federico, 2010. "Power Properties Of Invariant Tests For Spatial Autocorrelation In Linear Regression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 152-186, February.
- Kelejian, Harry H & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1999. "A Generalized Moments Estimator for the Autoregressive Parameter in a Spatial Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(2), pages 509-33, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kelly Bogart) or (Katrina Wingle).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.