Efficiency of the OLS estimator in the vicinity of a spatial unit root
AbstractPrevious results have indicated that the OLS estimator of the vector of regression coefficients can be nearly as efficient as the best linear unbiased estimator when the regression errors follow a spatial process with root in the vicinity of unity. Such results were derived under the assumption of a symmetric weights matrix, which simplifies the analysis considerably, but is very often not satisfied in applications. This paper provides nontrivial generalizations to the important case of nonsymmetric weights matrices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 81 (2011)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Liu, Long, 2010. "Spurious spatial regression with equal weights," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(21-22), pages 1640-1642, November.
- Martellosio, Federico, 2010. "Power Properties Of Invariant Tests For Spatial Autocorrelation In Linear Regression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 152-186, February.
- Kramer, Walter & Baltagi, Badi, 1996. "A general condition for an optimal limiting efficiency of OLS in the general linear regression model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 13-17, January.
- Baran, Sándor & Pap, Gyula & van Zuijlen, Martien C. A., 2004. "Asymptotic inference for a nearly unstable sequence of stationary spatial AR models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 53-61, August.
- Roland Jeske & Seuck Song, 2003. "Relative efficiency of OLSE and COTE for seasonal autoregressive disturbances," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 421-432, July.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha & Yevgeny Yuzefovich, 2006. "Estimation Problems In Models With Spatial Weighting Matrices Which Have Blocks Of Equal Elements," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 507-515.
- Kleiber, Christian, 2001.
"Finite sample efficiency of OLS in linear regression models with long-memory disturbances,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 131-136, August.
- Kleiber, Christian, 2000. "Finite sample efficiency of OLS in linear regression models with long-memory disturbances," Technical Reports 2000,34, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Paulauskas, Vygantas, 2007. "On unit roots for spatial autoregressive models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 209-226, January.
- Liu, Xiaodong & Lee, Lung-fei, 2010. "GMM estimation of social interaction models with centrality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 159(1), pages 99-115, November.
- Lung-Fei Lee & Jihai Yu, 2009. "Spatial Nonstationarity and Spurious Regression: the Case with a Row-normalized Spatial Weights Matrix," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 301-327.
- Preinerstorfer, David & Pötscher, Benedikt M., 2014. "On the Power of Invariant Tests for Hypotheses on a Covariance Matrix," MPRA Paper 55059, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grant Hillier & Federico Martellosio, 2013. "Properties of the maximum likelihood estimator in spacial autoregressive models," CeMMAP working papers CWP44/13, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.