The Environmental Kuznets Curve at Different Levels of Economic Development: A Counterfactual Quantile Regression Analysis for CO2 Emissions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economics, The University of Manchester in its series The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series with number 1322.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manchester M13 9PL
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/disciplines/economics/
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2013-10-18 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-10-18 (Environmental Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anton Nahman & Geoff Antrobus, 2005. "The Environmental Kuznets Curve: A Literature Survey," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 73(1), pages 105-120, 03.
- Carlos A. Flores & Alfonso Flores-Lagunes & Dimitrios Kapetanakis, 2009. "Lessons from Quantile Panel Estimation of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Working Papers 2010-4, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Romero-Avila, Diego, 2008. "Questioning the empirical basis of the environmental Kuznets curve for CO2: New evidence from a panel stationarity test robust to multiple breaks and cross-dependence," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 559-574, January.
- Antonio Musolesi & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Roberto Zoboli, 2010. "A panel data heterogeneous Bayesian estimation of environmental Kuznets curves for CO2 emissions," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(18), pages 2275-2287.
- Costa-Font, J & Fabbri, D & Gil, J, 2008.
"Decomposing Bodymass Index gaps between Mediterranean countries: A Counterfactual Quantile Regression Analysis,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
08/02, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Fabbri, Daniele & Gil, Joan, 2009. "Decomposing body mass index gaps between Mediterranean countries: A counterfactual quantile regression analysis," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 351-365, December.
- Joan Costa-Font & Daniele Fabbri & Joan Gil, 2008. "Decomposing Body Mass Index Gaps Between Mediterranean Countries: A Counterfactual Quantile Regression Analysis," Working Papers 2008-11, FEDEA.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, December.
- Azomahou, Théophile & Laisney, François & van Phu, Nguyen, 2005.
"Economic Development and CO2 Emissions: A Nonparametric Panel Approach,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
05-56, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Azomahou, Theophile & Laisney, Francois & Nguyen Van, Phu, 2006. "Economic development and CO2 emissions: A nonparametric panel approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 1347-1363, August.
- Grossman, Gene M. & Krueger, Alan B., 1996. "The inverted-U: what does it mean?," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 119-122, February.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1994.
"Economic Growth and the Environment,"
NBER Working Papers
4634, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stern, David I., 2004.
"The Rise and Fall of the Environmental Kuznets Curve,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1419-1439, August.
- David I. Stern, 2003. "The Rise and Fall of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0302, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Hill, Robert J & Magnani, Elisabetta, 2002. "An Exploration of the Conceptual and Empirical Basis of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 239-54, June.
- Natina Yaduma & Mika Kortelainen & Ada Wossink, 2013.
"Estimating Mortality and Economic Costs of Particulate Air Pollution in Developing Countries: The Case of Nigeria,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 54(3), pages 361-387, March.
- N. Yaduma & M. Kortelainen & A. Wossink, 2012. "Estimating Mortality and Economic Costs of Particulate Air Pollution in Developing Countries: The Case of Nigeria," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1223, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Perman, Roger & Stern, David I., 2003.
"Evidence from panel unit root and cointegration tests that the Environmental Kuznets Curve does not exist,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(3), September.
- Roger Perman & David I. Stern, 2003. "Evidence from panel unit root and cointegration tests that the Environmental Kuznets Curve does not exist," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(3), pages 325-347, 09.
- Koenker, Roger, 2004. "Quantile regression for longitudinal data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 74-89, October.
- Beckerman, Wilfred, 1992. "Economic growth and the environment: Whose growth? whose environment?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 481-496, April.
- Dinda, Soumyananda, 2004. "Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis: A Survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 431-455, August.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Halkos, George E., 2011. "Nonparametric modelling of biodiversity: Determinants of threatened species," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 618-635, July.
- Cole, Matthew A., 2003. "Development, trade, and the environment: how robust is the Environmental Kuznets Curve?," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 557-580, October.
- (River) Huang, Ho-Chuan & Lin, Shu-Chin & Suen, Yu-Bo & Yeh, Chih-Chuan, 2007. "A quantile inference of the Kuznets hypothesis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 559-570, July.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Benoit Laplante & Hua Wang & David Wheeler, 2002. "Confronting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 147-168, Winter.
- José Mata & José A. F. Machado, 2005. "Counterfactual decomposition of changes in wage distributions using quantile regression," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 445-465.
- World Bank, 2009. "World Development Indicators 2009," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 4367, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marianne Sensier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.