Entrepreneurship in Developing Countries
AbstractThis paper reviews the literature on economic development from import substitution to export promotion. It then examines the literature on entrepreneurship and economic development creating a framework for promoting development through demonstration effects, knowledge and information externalities and network externalities. It finished with an examination of public policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics in its series Jena Economic Research Papers with number 2009-023.
Date of creation: 25 Mar 2009
Date of revision:
Development; export substitution; export promotion; public policy;
Other versions of this item:
- Acs, Zoltan & Virgill, Nicola, 2010. "Entrepreneurship in Developing Countries," Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship, now publishers, now publishers, vol. 6(1), pages 1-68, February.
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-03-28 (Development)
- NEP-ENT-2009-03-28 (Entrepreneurship)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jolanda Hessels & André Stel, 2011. "Entrepreneurship, export orientation, and economic growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 255-268, September.
- Marco Vivarelli, 2013. "Is entrepreneurship necessarily good? Microeconomic evidence from developed and developing countries," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(6), pages 1453-1495, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.