Virtuous and Vicious Circles in Economic Development
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 83 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariano Tommasi, 2003. "Crises, institutions politiques et réformes politiques : le bon, le mauvais et l'affreux," Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 17(2), pages 49-81.
- Hayo, Bernd, 2004. "Public support for creating a market economy in Eastern Europe," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 720-744, December.
- Radosevic, Slavo & Yoruk, Esin, 2013. "Entrepreneurial propensity of innovation systems: Theory, methodology and evidence," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 1015-1038.
- Lyons, Robert F. & Rausser, Gordon C. & Simon, Leo K, 1996.
"Putty-clay politics in transition economies,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
707, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Lyons, Robert F. & Rausser, Gordon C. & Simon, Leo K., 1996. "Putty-clay politics in transition economies," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt0t30p88v, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Marcos A. Buscaglia, 2003. "The Political-Economy of Argentina’s Debacle," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-594, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro, 2008. "Better the devil you don't know: Types of corruption and FDI in transition economies," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 12-27, March.
- Abdiweli Ali & Hodan Isse, 2006. "An Empirical Analysis of the Determinants of Foreign Aid: A Panel Approach," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 241-250, May.
- Fogel, Kathy & Morck, Randall & Yeung, Bernard, 2008.
"Big business stability and economic growth: Is what's good for General Motors good for America?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 83-108, July.
- Kathy Fogel & Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung, 2006. "Big Business Stability and Economic Growth: Is What's Good for General Motors Good for America?," NBER Working Papers 12394, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Li, Shuhe, 1997. "The search for determinants of catching up: Theory, the East Asian experience and the Chinese case," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 137-155.
- Bernard Yeung & Randall Morck & Daniel Wolfenzon, 2004.
"Corporate Governance, Economic Entrenchment and Growth,"
04-21, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Randall Morck & Daniel Wolfenzon & Bernard Yeung, 2004. "Corporate Governance, Economic Entrenchment and Growth," NBER Working Papers 10692, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fidrmuc, Jan & Tichit, Ariane, 2013.
"How I learned to stop worrying and love the crisis,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 542-554.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Ariane Tichit, 2012. "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Crisis," CESifo Working Paper Series 3720, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kathy Fogel & Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung, 2009.
"Big Business Stability and Social Welfare,"
in: Financial Sector Development in the Pacific Rim, East Asia Seminar on Economics, Volume 18, pages 349-370
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arvind K. Jain, 2011. "Corruption: Theory, Evidence and Policy," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 9(2), pages 3-9, 07.
- repec:wii:bpaper:bowp:056 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rebecca Menes, 1999. "The Effect of Patronage Politics on City Government in American Cities, 1900-1910," NBER Working Papers 6975, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caplan, Bryan, 2003. "The idea trap: the political economy of growth divergence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 183-203, June.
- Rebecca Menes, 2006. "Limiting the Reach of the Grabbing Hand. Graft and Growth in American Cities, 1880 to 1930," NBER Chapters, in: Corruption and Reform: Lessons from America's Economic History, pages 63-94 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebecca Menes, 2003. "Corruption in Cities: Graft and Politics in American Cities at the Turn of the Twentieth Century," NBER Working Papers 9990, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.