Matching Bias in Labor Demand Estimation
AbstractUsing a matched firm-worker dataset, we show both theoretically and empirically that positive assortative matching between firms and workers leads to an underestimation of the absolute value of wage elasticity of labor demand.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA) in its series IZA Discussion Papers with number 3076.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: published in: Economics Letters, 2008, 100 (2), 297-299
Contact details of provider:
Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany
Other versions of this item:
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Private Pensions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giovanna Aguilar & Silvio Rendon, 2007.
"Employment and deadweight loss effects of observed non-wage labor costs,"
Documentos de Trabajo
2007-259, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Giovanna Aguilar & Sílvio Rendon, 2010. "Employment And Deadweight Loss Effects Of Observed Nonwage Labor Costs," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(3), pages 793-809, 07.
- Aguilar, Giovanna & Rendon, Silvio, 2007. "Employment and Deadweight Loss Effects of Observed Non-Wage Labor Costs," IZA Discussion Papers 2856, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Silvio Rendon & Giovanna Aguilar, 2007. "Employment and Deadweight Loss Effects of Observed Non-Wage Labor Costs," Working Papers 0704, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1987.
"The Demand for Labor in the Long Run,"
NBER Working Papers
1297, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.