Investment Option Under Cir Interest Rates
AbstractWe analyze extensively the characteristics of the solution to an irreversibleinvestment decision when the only source of uncertainty comes from interest rates.They are assumed to be driven by the popular Cox-Ingersoll-Ross (CIR) stochasticprocess. Particular attention is paid to the impact that both CIR parameters and riskaversion have on the threshold rate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie) in its series Working Papers. Serie AD with number 2007-24.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published by Ivie
CIR process; Project value; Real options; Risk aversion.;
Other versions of this item:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-17 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vasicek, Oldrich Alfonso, 1977. "Abstract: An Equilibrium Characterization of the Term Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 627-627, November.
- Alvarez, Luis H.R. & Koskela, Erkki, 2003.
"Irreversible Investment under Interest Rate Variability: Some Generalizations,"
841, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez & Erkki Koskela, 2006. "Irreversible Investment under Interest Rate Variability: Some Generalizations," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(2), pages 623-644, March.
- Alvarez, Luis H.R. & Koskela, Erkki, 2006.
"Does risk aversion accelerate optimal forest rotation under uncertainty?,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 171-184, December.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez & Erkki Koskela, 2004. "Does Risk Aversion Accelerate Optimal Forest Rotation under Uncertainty?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1285, CESifo Group Munich.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- McDonald, Robert & Siegel, Daniel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-27, November.
- Ewald, Christian-Oliver & Wang, Wen-Kai, 2010. "Irreversible investment with Cox-Ingersoll-Ross type mean reversion," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 314-318, May.
- Nowak, Piotr & Romaniuk, Maciej, 2013. "Pricing and simulations of catastrophe bonds," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 18-28.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.