A Characterization and Some Properties of the Banzhaf-Coleman-Dubey-Shapley Sensitivity Index
AbstractA sensitivity index quantifies the degree of smoothness with which it responds to fluctuations in the wishes of the members of a voting body. This paper characterizes the Banzhafï¾–Colemanï¾–Dubeyï¾–Shapley sensitivity index using a set of independent axioms. Bounds on the index for a very general class of games are also derived.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 12807.
Date of creation: 07 May 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Games and Economic Behavior, October 2004, vol. 49 no. 1, pp. 31-48
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
voting game; characterization; The Banzhafâ€“Colemanâ€“Dubeyâ€“Shapley sensitivity index; Bounds;
Other versions of this item:
- Barua, Rana & Chakravarty, Satya R. & Roy, Sonali & Sarkar, Palash, 2004. "A characterization and some properties of the Banzhaf-Coleman-Dubey-Shapley sensitivity index," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 31-48, October.
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2007-05-12 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-GTH-2007-05-12 (Game Theory)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrzej S. Nowak, 1997. "note: On an Axiomatization of the Banzhaf Value without the Additivity Axiom," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 137-141.
- Barua, Rana & Chakravarty, Satya R. & Roy, Sonali, 2007. "Measuring Power in Weighted Majority Games," Staff General Research Papers 12809, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lehrer, E, 1988. "An Axiomatization of the Banzhaf Value," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 89-99.
- R J Johnston, 1978. "On the measurement of power: some reactions to Laver," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 10(8), pages 907-914, August.
- Barua, Rana & Chakravarty, Satya R. & Sarkar, Palash, 2009. "Minimal-axiom characterizations of the Coleman and Banzhaf indices of voting power," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 367-375, November.
- Barua, Rana & Chakravarty, Satya R. & Roy, Sonali, 2006.
"On the Coleman indices of voting power,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 171(1), pages 273-289, May.
- Maria Axenovich & Sonali Roy, 2010. "On the structure of minimal winning coalitions in simple voting games," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 429-440, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.