Vacancy Durations - A Model for Employer's Search
AbstractThis paper investigates a Dutch data set on vacancy durations and numbers of applicants to inquire employer's search strategies. A non-sequential search process assumes that most vacancies are filled from a pool of applicants, which is formed shortly after the posting of the vacancy. The time spent on recruiting applicants and the duration of the selection process are estimated with a proportional hazard model, via the arrival - and attrition rates of applicants.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for Advanced Studies in its series Economics Series with number 41.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: Jan 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna, Austria
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://www.ihs.ac.at/index.php3?id=310
More information through EDIRC
Postal: Institute for Advanced Studies - Library, Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna, Austria
Other versions of this item:
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kai Christoffel & Keith Kuester & Tobias Linzert, 2009.
"The role of labor markets for Euro area monetary policy,"
09-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Christoffel, Kai & Kuester, Keith & Linzert, Tobias, 2009. "The role of labor markets for euro area monetary policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 908-936, November.
- Kai Christoffel & Keith Kuester & Tobias Linzert, 2009. "The Role of Labor Markets for Euro Area Monetary Policy," Kiel Working Papers 1513, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Kai Christoffel & Keith Kuester & Tobias Linzert, 2009. "The role of labor markets for euro area monetary policy," Working Paper Series 1035, European Central Bank.
- Benjamín Villena Roldán, 2010.
"Aggregate Implications of Employer Search and Recruiting Selection,"
Documentos de Trabajo
271, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Bemjamin Villena-Roldan, 2009. "Aggregate Implications of Employer Search and Recruiting Selection," 2009 Meeting Papers 97, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Bleninger, Philipp & Kettner, Anja & Pausch, Stephanie & Szameitat, Jörg, 2012. "Können offene Stellen als Vorlaufindikator für Neueinstellungen dienen? : Ergebnisse aus der IAB-Erhebung des gesamtwirtschaftlichen Stellenangebots," IAB-Forschungsbericht 201204, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Szoncsitz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.