Skewness Premium with Lévy Processes
AbstractWe study the skewness premium (SK) introduced by Bates (1991) in a general context using Lévy Processes. We obtain sufficient and necessary conditions for Bate's x% rule to hold. Then, we derive sufficient conditions for SK to be positive, in terms of the characteristic triplet of the Lévy Process under the risk neutral measure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro in its series IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers with number 2006-04.
Date of creation: 24 Oct 2006
Date of revision:
Skewness Premium; Lévy processes;
Other versions of this item:
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-ETS-2006-10-28 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FIN-2006-10-28 (Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- JosE Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2006. "Symmetry and duality in Levy markets," Quantitative Finance, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 219-227.
- Peter Carr & Liuren Wu, 2002.
"Time-Changed Levy Processes and Option Pricing,"
- Peter Carr & Katrina Ellis & Vishal Gupta, 1998. "Static Hedging of Exotic Options," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 1165-1190, 06.
- Schroder, Mark, 1999. "Changes of Numeraire for Pricing Futures, Forwards, and Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1143-63.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2005. "Duality and Derivative Pricing with Time-Changed Lévy Processes," IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers 2005-12, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
- Bergman, Yaacov Z & Grundy, Bruce D & Wiener, Zvi, 1996. " General Properties of Option Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(5), pages 1573-1610, December.
- Fajardo, J. & Farias, A., 2003.
"Generalized Hyperbolic Distributions and Brazilian Data,"
Finance Lab Working Papers
flwp_57, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- José Fajardo & Aquiles Farias, 2002. "Generalized Hyperbolic Distributions and Brazilian Data," Working Papers Series 52, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Eberlein, Ernst & Keller, Ulrich & Prause, Karsten, 1998. "New Insights into Smile, Mispricing, and Value at Risk: The Hyperbolic Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71(3), pages 371-405, July.
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Yaacov Z. Bergman & Bruce D. Grundy & Zvi Wiener, .
"General Properties of Option Prices (Revision of 11-95) (Reprint 058),"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
01-96, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Yaacov Z. Bergman & Bruce D. Grundy & Zvi Wiener, . "General Properties of Option Prices (Revision of 11-95) (Reprint 058)," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 1-96, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine, 2004. "Disentangling diffusion from jumps," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 487-528, December.
- Ernst Eberlein & Antonis Papapantoleon & Albert Shiryaev, 2008. "On the duality principle in option pricing: semimartingale setting," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 265-292, April.
- Ilya Molchanov & Michael Schmutz, 2009. "Exchangeability type properties of asset prices," Papers 0901.4914, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Márcio Laurini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.