Derivative pricing using multivariate affine generalized hyperbolic distributions
AbstractIn this paper we use multivariate affine generalized hyperbolic (MAGH) distributions, introduced by Schmidt et al. (2006), to show how to price multidimensional derivatives when the underlying asset follows a MAGH distribution. We also illustrate the approach using market data from the BOVESPA (São Paulo Stock Exchange) and the exchange rate of the Brazilian Real vs. US Dollar to price some multidimensional derivatives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 34 (2010)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Generalized hyperbolic distributions Multivariate distributions Derivative pricing Levy processes;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Margrabe, William, 1978. "The Value of an Option to Exchange One Asset for Another," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 177-86, March.
- Simon A. Broda & Marc S. Paolella, 2009.
"CHICAGO: A Fast and Accurate Method for Portfolio Risk Calculation,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 7(4), pages 412-436, Fall.
- Simon A. BRODA & Marc S. PAOLELLA, 2006. "CHICAGO: A Fast and Accurate Method for Portfolio Risk Calculation," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-08, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Feb 2008.
- José Fajardo & Aquiles Farias, 2008.
"Multivariate Affine Generalized Hyperbolic Distributions: An Empirical Investigation,"
IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers
2008-01, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
- Fajardo, José & Farias, Aquiles, 2009. "Multivariate affine generalized hyperbolic distributions: An empirical investigation," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 174-184, September.
- Fusai, Gianluca & Meucci, Attilio, 2008. "Pricing discretely monitored Asian options under Levy processes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2076-2088, October.
- Schmidt, Rafael & Hrycej, Tomas & Stutzle, Eric, 2006. "Multivariate distribution models with generalized hyperbolic margins," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 2065-2096, April.
- T. R. Hurd & Zhuowei Zhou, 2009. "A Fourier transform method for spread option pricing," Papers 0902.3643, arXiv.org.
- Kim, Young Shin & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Bianchi, Michele Leonardo & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2008. "Financial market models with Lévy processes and time-varying volatility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1363-1378, July.
- Young Shin Kim & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Bianchi, Michele Leonardo & Mitov, Ivan & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2010.
"Time series analysis for financial market meltdowns,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
2, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Kim, Young Shin & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Bianchi, Michele Leonardo & Mitov, Ivan & Fabozzi, Frank J., 2011. "Time series analysis for financial market meltdowns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1879-1891, August.
- Kassberger, Stefan & Liebmann, Thomas, 2012. "When are path-dependent payoffs suboptimal?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1304-1310.
- ROMBOUTS, Jeroen J. K & STENTOFT, Lars, 2010.
"Multivariate option pricing with time varying volatility and correlations,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2010020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rombouts, Jeroen V.K. & Stentoft, Lars, 2011. "Multivariate option pricing with time varying volatility and correlations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2267-2281, September.
- Jeroen V.K. Rombouts & Lars Stentoft, 2010. "Multivariate Option Pricing with Time Varying Volatility and Correlations," CREATES Research Papers 2010-19, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Jeroen V.K. Rombouts & Lars Stentoft, 2010. "Multivariate Option Pricing with Time Varying Volatility and Correlations," Cahiers de recherche 1020, CIRPEE.
- Jeroen Rombouts & Lars Peter Stentoft, 2010. "Multivariate Option Pricing With Time Varying Volatility and Correlations," CIRANO Working Papers 2010s-23, CIRANO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.