Pricing discretely monitored Asian options under Levy processes
AbstractWe present methodologies to price discretely monitored Asian options when the underlying evolves according to a generic Levy process. For geometric Asian options we provide closed-form solutions in terms of the Fourier transform and we study in particular these formulas in the Levy-stable case. For arithmetic Asian options we solve the valuation problem by recursive integration and derive a recursive theoretical formula for the moments to check the accuracy of the results. We compare the implementation of our method to Monte Carlo simulation implemented with control variates and using different parametric Levy processes. We also discuss model risk issues.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 32 (2008)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Asian options Discrete monitoring Quadrature Levy processes Stable processes Model risk;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lemmens, D. & Liang, L.Z.J. & Tempere, J. & De Schepper, A., 2010. "Pricing bounds for discrete arithmetic Asian options under Lévy models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(22), pages 5193-5207.
- Dingeç, Kemal Dinçer & Hörmann, Wolfgang, 2012. "A general control variate method for option pricing under Lévy processes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(2), pages 368-377.
- Friedrich Hubalek & Martin Keller-Ressel & Carlo Sgarra, 2014. "Geometric Asian Option Pricing in General Affine Stochastic Volatility Models with Jumps," Papers 1407.2514, arXiv.org.
- Fajardo, José & Farias, Aquiles, 2010. "Derivative pricing using multivariate affine generalized hyperbolic distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1607-1617, July.
- Alexander Novikov & Nino Kordzakhia, 2013. "On lower and upper bounds for Asian-type options: a unified approach," Papers 1309.2383, arXiv.org.
- Fabozzi, Frank J. & Leccadito, Arturo & Tunaru, Radu S., 2014. "Extracting market information from equity options with exponential Lévy processes," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 125-141.
- Akira Yamazaki, 2014. "Pricing average options under time-changed Lévy processes," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 79-111, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.