ANNIVERSARY ARTICLE: Option Pricing: Valuation Models and Applications
AbstractThis paper surveys the literature on option pricing from its origins to the present. An extensive review of valuation methods for European- and American-style claims is provided. Applications to complex securities and numerical methods are surveyed. Emphasis is placed on recent trends and developments in methodology and modeling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 50 (2004)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
option pricing; American options; risk-neutral valuation; jump and stochastic volatility models;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akamatsu, Takashi & Nagae, Takeshi, 2011. "A network of options: Evaluating complex interdependent decisions under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 714-729, May.
- Muthuraman, Kumar, 2008. "A moving boundary approach to American option pricing," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 3520-3537, November.
- Jerzy Filar & Boda Kang & Malgorzata Korolkiewicz, 2008. "Pricing Financial Derivatives on Weather Sensitive Assets," Research Paper Series 223, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Ibáñez, Alfredo, 2008. "Factorization of European and American option prices under complete and incomplete markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 311-325, February.
- Anna Battauz & Marzia De Donno & Alessandro Sbuelz, 2013. "Real Options and American Derivatives: the Double Continuation Region," Working Papers 499, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Kanniainen, Juho & Lin, Binghuan & Yang, Hanxue, 2014. "Estimating and using GARCH models with VIX data for option valuation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 200-211.
- George Tauchen & Viktor Todorov, 2010.
"Activity Signature Functions for High-Frequency Data Analysis,"
10-08, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Todorov, Viktor & Tauchen, George, 2010. "Activity signature functions for high-frequency data analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 125-138, February.
- Qin, Ruwen & Nembhard, David A., 2012. "Demand modeling of stochastic product diffusion over the life cycle," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 201-210.
- Medvedev, Alexey & Scaillet, Olivier, 2010. "Pricing American options under stochastic volatility and stochastic interest rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 145-159, October.
- Gagliardini, Patrick & Ronchetti, Diego, 2013. "Semi-parametric estimation of American option prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 173(1), pages 57-82.
- Donald Brown & Rustam Ibragimov, 2005. "Sign Tests for Dependent Observations and Bounds for Path-Dependent Options," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2581, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jul 2005.
- D. Andricopoulos, Ari & Widdicks, Martin & Newton, David P. & Duck, Peter W., 2007. "Extending quadrature methods to value multi-asset and complex path dependent options," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 471-499, February.
- Li, Gang & Zhang, Chu, 2013. "Diagnosing affine models of options pricing: Evidence from VIX," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 199-219.
- Vagnani, Gianluca, 2009. "The Black-Scholes model as a determinant of the implied volatility smile: A simulation study," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 103-118, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.