Changes of Numeraire for Pricing Futures, Forwards, and Options
AbstractA change of numeraire argument is used to derive a general option parity, or equivalence, result relating American call and put prices, and to obtain new expressions for futures and forward prices. The general parity result unifies and extends a number of existing results. The new futures and forward pricing formulas are often simpler to compute in multifactor models than existing alternatives. We also extend previous work by deriving a general formula relating exchange options to ordinary call options. A number of applications to diffusion models, including stochastic volatility, stochastic interest rate, and stochastic dividend rate models, and jump-diffusion models are examined. Article published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Society for Financial Studies in its journal, The Review of Financial Studies.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Financial Studies in its journal Review of Financial Studies.
Volume (Year): 12 (1999)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Journals Department, 2001 Evans Road, Cary, NC 27513 USA.
Web page: http://www.rfs.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cai, Ning & Sun, Lihua, 2014. "Valuation of stock loans with jump risk," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 213-241.
- Tehranchi, Michael R., 2009. "Symmetric martingales and symmetric smiles," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(10), pages 3785-3797, October.
- Fajardo, J. & Mordeckiy, E., 2003.
"Pricing Derivatives on Two Lévy-driven Stocks,"
Finance Lab Working Papers
flwp_56, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Ernesto Mordecki & José Fajardo, 2004. "Pricing Derivatives on Two Lé}vy-driven Stocks," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 139, Econometric Society.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2009.
"Skewness Premium with Lévy Processes,"
CREATES Research Papers
2009-10, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2005. "Duality and Derivative Pricing with Time-Changed Lévy Processes," IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers 2005-12, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
- Lin, Yueh-Neng, 2013. "VIX option pricing and CBOE VIX Term Structure: A new methodology for volatility derivatives valuation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4432-4446.
- Anna Battauz & Marzia De Donno & Alessandro Sbuelz, 2013. "Real Options and American Derivatives: the Double Continuation Region," Working Papers 499, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Ruas, João Pedro & Dias, José Carlos & Vidal Nunes, João Pedro, 2013. "Pricing and static hedging of American-style options under the jump to default extended CEV model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4059-4072.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2005.
"Duality and Derivative Pricing with Lévy Processes,"
IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers
2005-01, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
- Fajardo, J. & Mordeckiz, E., 2004. "Duality and Derivative Pricing with Lévy Processes," Finance Lab Working Papers flwp_71, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Detemple, Jérôme & Emmerling, Thomas, 2009. "American chooser options," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 128-153, January.
- Ernst Eberlein & Wolfgang Kluge & Antonis Papapantoleon, 2006. "Symmetries In Lévy Term Structure Models," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(06), pages 967-986.
- Medvedev, Alexey & Scaillet, Olivier, 2010. "Pricing American options under stochastic volatility and stochastic interest rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 145-159, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.